O/R X Pipe

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Anyone ever ran them on their cobra ? I’m particular anyone run them with borla stingers ?
Not quite what you're looking for, but my son ran their O/R H pipe on his 99 GT. It took some work on my end as he really wanted the X pipe, but he had Flowmasters on the car. The fit was about what we expected it to be. I think at the time the mid pipes were $150. But it didn't leak and sounded really good with the 1 chambers. Don't ask, they came on the car. It definitely sounded faster and meaner than it really was.

LS WUT

Established Member
Not quite what you're looking for, but my son ran their O/R H pipe on his 99 GT. It took some work on my end as he really wanted the X pipe, but he had Flowmasters on the car. The fit was about what we expected it to be. I think at the time the mid pipes were $150. But it didn't leak and sounded really good with the 1 chambers. Don't ask, they came on the car. It definitely sounded faster and meaner than it really was.
I’ve got flowmasters on the cobra now, I’m throwing them away when I swap the exhaust lol. I appreciate it. I’m hoping I find one soon.

PC03GT

Established Member
I’ve got flowmasters on the cobra now, I’m throwing them away when I swap the exhaust lol. I appreciate it. I’m hoping I find one soon.
Flowmaster on a Terminator is a waaaay different sound than on a 2v. I figured out real quick why they get so much hate, especially when you go to an offroad x pipe

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Flowmaster on a Terminator is a waaaay different sound than on a 2v. I figured out real quick why they get so much hate, especially when you go to an offroad x pipe
My 2001 GT sounded awesome with an O/R X and Flowmaster Super 44s. I loved that sound. I will never put Flowmasters on my cobra.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Mine had Flows and a bassani O/R X pipe when I bought it. I don't remember it sounding horrible (it's been 7 years), but I had the Stingers and catted X ready to go.

I ended up trading the flows to a buddy for a stock catback and he ran them with an O/R H pipe. They sounded decent.

The only thing is I don't know what series they were. But they were big and hung low. Yep, those jokes were made more than once.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Eh flowmasters are a weird restriction choice when making a free flowing exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Rambro

Established Member
Eh flowmasters are a weird restriction choice when making a free flowing exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
My buddies 2.9 whipple cobra went 10.1 at 140 plus with 2.5 inch super 44’s. Like I said the 44’s are a newer design and flow better than the older stuff. Definitely don’t flow as good as a straight through, but at what point do they really start to choke things off?

wckdvnm

Established Member
My buddies 2.9 whipple cobra went 10.1 at 140 plus with 2.5 inch super 44’s. Like I said the 44’s are a newer design and flow better than the older stuff. Definitely don’t flow as good as a straight through, but at what point do they really start to choke things off?

Look don’t get me wrong they sound great on 2v’s and pushrod motors. But if the owner likes the flow design on the internals then that is their choice much like stingers vs ataks for example. The older designs not their new flow through stuff used sharp angles to divert flow.
Not saying they are bad or you can’t make a fast car with them it is rather the idea of you can improve and tune a sound without restriction.
Look at borla’s new harmonizer tech. It combines a S-type muffler with a varying types of baffles to combine the atak sound.
TL;DR: to each their own

Users who are viewing this thread