O2 senser? to change or not?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
NO clue, I think you should just be able to use some residue free electrical cleaner from your local auto parts store.

99toursvt

Established Member
ok il do it tomarrow ill muscel off the Y pipe, and see what i can do.

ps. i think i fixed my coolant leak, just a hose clamp was lose from when i changed the heater core over spring break. crossing my fingers.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by 99toursvt
ok il do it tomarrow ill muscel off the Y pipe, and see what i can do.

ps. i think i fixed my coolant leak, just a hose clamp was lose from when i changed the heater core over spring break. crossing my fingers.
your not talking about the lil hose that goes the oil cooler are you?

99toursvt

Established Member
um no, y pipe as in exhaust. and the leak was a coolant leak not oil. im not really sure what your talking about.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
um no, y pipe as in exhaust. and the leak was a coolant leak not oil. im not really sure what your talking about.
Im leaking coolant out of the oil cooler line, it appears all it needs is tightening.

99toursvt

Established Member
um im not sure if i understand you, or if your confused. no coolant should be mixed with your oil. im guessing your leaking oil, if its comming from the oil cooler. but then again i have no idea. my sujestion is buy new hose clamps. the ford one really can only be tightend one time. when i changed my heater core i had to use a dremel tool to get a few off.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
um im not sure if i understand you, or if your confused. no coolant should be mixed with your oil. im guessing your leaking oil, if its comming from the oil cooler. but then again i have no idea. my sujestion is buy new hose clamps. the ford one really can only be tightend one time. when i changed my heater core i had to use a dremel tool to get a few off.
the anti-freeze runs through a coolant line that connects to the Oil cooler, that way the engine oil stays cooler.

99toursvt

Established Member
well i know what the oil cooler looks like, if cooant is leaking in the area of the oil cooler then the only 2 possibilies are cooant is mixed with your oil, or coolant is leaking above the cooler drippping on to the oil cooler, or running down the hoses. your ether not explaining this good or your confused. ether way lets figure out where this coolant is comming from.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Coolant goes thru the oil cooler as well. The oil doesn't actually go thru the cooler.

99toursvt

Established Member
huh why on earth do they call it a oil cooler if there is no oil. mine has never leaked so i assumed it was for oil. i think i might take it off and prove it to my self. i really dont understand you guys but since im out #erd, ill assume your right.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
the 'cooled' coolant cools the oil as it passes into the oil filter IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread