• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Obamacare premiums released 3X the current rates

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Mr Rx-7 tt, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Mr Rx-7 tt

Mr Rx-7 tt New Member Established Member

California's "health exchange" website is now active and features this fun calculator:

Health Insurance Calculator | Covered California

A married couple age 60 making $62,000 can expect a monthly premium of $1,723, a tax credit of $1,232/month and estimated final premium of $491/month. A married couple age 60 making $62,500 can expect a monthly premium of $1,723 , a tax credit of $0, and estimated final premium of $1,723/month. Want to calculate that marginal tax rate? That is for a policy with a $12,800 annual out of pocket max, which is higher than most of the individual plans offered today. Only $30k/year in premiums and $13k out of pocket? Wait, that’s only like….the entire annual salary after tax. Sure puts the "affordable" in Affordable Care Act. Surely everyone eligible for a salary increase from $62k to $63k would love to have such a promotion.

As of now, 2014 expected pricing has been released in two states, CA and TX. In both states, the 2014 cost of coverage is literally 3x the current cost. These plans will likely have limited regional networks and restricted pharmacy coverage.

Here's a link to Humana's plans in Texas:
    https://www.humana-one.com/secured/individual-health-insurance-quotes.aspx

Try inputting some fake info and getting a quote, you can use zip code 77005. All of the 2014 plans are labeled with Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum. Notice the price of all of the other existing plans in comparison to the 2014 ones.

Example: 60-year-old couple with two kids.
    Current plans - $635-1,987/month.
    2014 plans - $1,693-5,236/month.

Real affordable isn't it?

Liberals are idiots.

2. blacksheep-1

blacksheep-1 Active Member Established Member

This is going to stop the economy cold,a friend of mine works as a waitress and is a big Obama supporter (2 illegit kids, imagine that) anyway she's bitching now because she's not allowed to work over 28 hours because her employer will have to provide healthcare, so she has to get another job to make up for it. i'm looking at her going just what did you expect them to do? it's government mandate not dictated by economics, you voted for the dickhead, welcome to reality.

3. Deceptive

Deceptive Would Smash Premium Member Established Member

I cannot wait til some Odumbo Trunk Sucker comes in here to defend this. He is a terrorist, period. Just because he does not have a towel on his head and bomb strapped to his chest means jack shit. He has pushed for slowly eroding freedoms by scare tactics and pushed through acts to take more money out of the working class pocket to redistribute to worthless pieces of shit. He deserves to be impeached, charged with treason, and disposed of.

4. 1993SNAKE

1993SNAKE New Member Established Member

Obamacare is the biggest tax increase in history.
    There is absolutely nothing affordable about it. It is one of the important ingredients to bankrupt and control a nation. There is a manifesto on it.The Communist Manifesto.

5. Deceptive

Anyway to destroy the middle class into subservient government check reliant sheep.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  6. cobrakidz

cobrakidz High mileage R Established Member

I see it here wth companies cutting hours so they don't have to offer health care--looks like the employee loses 2 times--lower income and higher medical.

7. SecondhandSnake

SecondhandSnake Member Established Member

Holy crap. And I thought my health insurance sucks now. :uh oh:

They won't understand it's because of that. My gf got a huge cut in her hours so they wouldn't have to pay benefits. She does not understand the cause, and does not follow the news at all.

It really is simple, and everyone should have seen this coming. They've already been cutting workers and cutting back hours to save money.

What's worse is that many are no longer on fixed schedules, which makes working multiple part time minimum wage jobs impossible, driving people further into poverty, and more on the government dole.

Fine system, isn't it?

8. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

What did liberals expect?

Did they expect the government, who is in ridiculous debt, to cut taxes therefore decreasing their revenue? Too bad people didn't get to abide by the laws that they voted for, even if they lost majority.

9. Hmbre97

Hmbre97 Eaton powered Established Member

[​IMG]

10. SignalZero

SignalZero Eat mor Chikin Established Member

I hope those who voted for the "man" in charge is enjoying every bit of it.

Kind of amazing though... When asked, nobody seemed to have voted for him..

11. SignalZero

Double post

12. SignalZero

When everyone is living in poverty (well there now) we all know who to thank. Will government jobs continue with the same health care plans as of now? Or is that stuff gonna change as well?

13. 65fastback2+2

65fastback2+2 Active Member Established Member

you didnt ask enough dead people...

14. Deceptive

Actually, need to ask illegal immigrants and welfare recipients.

Go to a Lowes or Home Depot in the morning or Philadelphia. I heard the entire city voted for more welfare money err Odumbo.

15. Cobra8urZ06

Cobra8urZ06 Member Established Member

obamacare will destroy the middle class. This is exactly the liberal/democrat plan. it makes no sense.

Obama hates the middle class.

16. ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS New Member Established Member

this is scary.

thats all i can say.