Odd Mis-Fire on freeway, but went away on its own, and SCT doesn't show any DTC's

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Hey everyone,

I just recently did an auto to manual swap in my 2011 Mustang GT and so far the car has been running great. I probably have 30 miles on the swap so far. Well, I've been babying it, and keeping it under 4k RPM while I break in the clutch, but something odd just happened on my way home from the dealership. I was getting on the freeway, but was holding around 4k RPM for an extended period of time while taking the tight right turn on the on-ramp. Once it straightened out and I went for 5th, the car started a light misfire and the check engine light started flashing. Well, after about half a mile, she mellowed out and didn't give me any more issues coming home.

Of note, I did take it through a car wash about 20 minutes before the event, but I didn't take it through with the hood up :p

After I got home, I hooked up my SCT to try to get any DTC's and nothing. It completely cleared out by the time I got home.

Thoughts?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Ah, ok. I should be able to do that with my SCT tool. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Well, this is a fun scenario. My X3 doesn't have the option for a Crank Relearn. It only has the option for a KAM reset in special options. Am I doing it wrong?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Funny story, yet true. I'm a dork. I have a VCM and IDS. Just a lack of instructions. Found the instructions online on how to do the reset with IDS. Was SUPER easy. :) Hopefully that's the end of funny misfires :p

Users who are viewing this thread