Odyssey battery black Friday deals

96dreamer

Established Member
Anyone know of any deals on odyssey batteries for black Friday/ Cyber Monday? Mine died in the car a few weeks ago and looking to replace with a PC925LT/PC925L. Cheapest I've found is about $250 shipped.

Last edited:

96dreamer

Established Member
Amazon is a little cheaper:

I need the left hand version,PC925L, to make for the easiest install. I was originally looking at the terminal post, left hand, metal jacket version which doesn't look like is really needed in my case. Cheapest for the 925L I have seen is $220 plus~$20 for the terminals. Really being a cheap ass at this point but just checking before I make the purchase.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
The guys at Napa said that the post lockdown battery quality is terrible. The vast majority of batteries are all made by 1 company. They said I should expect the one I bought for $220 to last about a year.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Batteries have gone crazy $$ wise. I almost fell over when I went to get a new one for my wives vehicle.

Lead is not that far off of its average price, but all the other inputs have gone up significantly.

The guys at Napa said that the post lockdown battery quality is terrible. The vast majority of batteries are all made by 1 company. They said I should expect the one I bought for $220 to last about a year.

That's probably a reference to the Johnson Controls plant in Mexico.

96dreamer

Established Member
Regular lead acid batteries through Costco by intestate aren't super outrageous. Still about $100 for the one for my car.

Would love to put an anti gravity Lithium in the car but prices on those are still astronomical.

tistan

Established Member
Even Optima batteries? I just bought one last year. I pulled it from the car because I knew I wouldn't have time to work on it. After about 6 months the battery was down to 8 volts and I had to jump the battery off to start the car. I thought Optimas were supossed to hold charge if their wasn't any drain.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Even Optima batteries? I just bought one last year. I pulled it from the car because I knew I wouldn't have time to work on it. After about 6 months the battery was down to 8 volts and I had to jump the battery off to start the car. I thought Optimas were supossed to hold charge if their wasn't any drain.
I just replaced an Interstate AGM $350 battery that went from functional to 4 volts overnight. It lasted 8 months....

Users who are viewing this thread