off road x and what catback?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I have the bassni x pipe and cat back. Heat sheilds on the cats were flapping in the wind and I had kind of a buzzing/rattling at very high RPM's. Due to the power I am pushing I was thinking I may have blown apart the inside of the cats and wanted to check things out so pulled them off. For the life of me couldnt get one off without cutting so now its trashed. I put the straight tubes in that came with the kit and the car is loud as hell! Not really any louder when just cruising at 1700-2100 but when you get on the gass, good gawd is it obnoxious. Is anyone else running with no cats? How is the noise level?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey Larry,

Bassani Cat-Back alone hit 109db. With out Cats i can imagine that raised it upwards to 5 or 7db & that is a big difference.

I personally hit 118db :D

Larry u didnt finish ur story. Was the inside of the Cats blown?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Hey Larry,

Bassani Cat-Back alone hit 109db. With out Cats i can imagine that raised it upwards to 5 or 7db & that is a big difference.

I personally hit 118db :D

Larry u didnt finish ur story. Was the inside of the Cats blown?
Ahh sorry, nope inards of cats were just fine, but I did trash one getting it off am running without them now. She is going to bed for the winter here soon so one of my projects is to coat the inside with b-quiet, that should help a bit.

stangin

Established Member
Steeda catback and UPR O/R X, it is loud.. not crazy loud, but louder than I wanted. I wonder how much of a difference the 3 1/2" baffles would make in cutting down the noise?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Swapped in a MagnaFlow OR/X for a day last week...
Coupled with a Stinger, the system is a vertitable noise ordinance violater...

Users who are viewing this thread