Off topic threads

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Hope you guys out west and down south are enjoying your spring, woke up this morning to a forecast of 8 -12 inches of heavy wet snow Thursday here just outside of Boston !!! :whine:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
This is wild!!!

IF YOU LIKE ALL TYPES OF AUTOS, SOME QUITE OLD, YOU WILL LIKE THIS MAYBE.

So imagine you're going to live in Portugal. You find a lovely farm house set on a decent plot of land. The place has been empty for 15 years...

While exploring your new property you find a large barn. The door is padlocked and welded shut and it's all rusted solid. So you grind the padlock and the welds off and.........

http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm

Some of these cars are worth more than the plot of land.

Enjoy!!!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Cool. I like stuff like that, I wonder what the rest of the story behind that barn is. Like who owned it? what happened to them? etc. etc.

Only thing I ever found in a barn was manure and a shovel with my name on it!!!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
99COBRA2881 said:
I wonder what the rest of the story behind that barn is. Like who owned it? what happened to them? etc. etc.
There is an article in the new issue of Sports Car Market magazine (May 2007).

Manuel Menezes Morias shot the photos, but he was sworn to secrecy about the location.

The owner was a car dealer in the 1970s and 1980s and decided to save the more interesting cars that came through his doors. After he filled the barn, he padlocked and soldered the doors shut. There are 180 cars in the barn, and none of the cars are FS.

They have listed many of the cars that were identified by the pictures. There are two Fords: a Taunus :)shrug: ) and a Cortina. I saw nothing on the list that was that interesting to me.

I heard Bruce was trying to buy the Taunus, the VW Beetle, the Simca, a Renault, the Mini Moke, the Peugeot 202, all the Fiats, and the 1970 Olds Cutlass. :-D

I wish Bruce would buy a few Shelbys (I'll volunteer to be his co-driver;-) ):
CA.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1995COBRA-R said:
I wish Bruce would buy a few Shelbys (I'll volunteer to be his co-driver;-) ):

Doc:

After you drive a fairly well set up 2000 R, you'll never want to drive that old stuff anymore?!? ;-) :poke:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
ac427cobra said:
After you drive a fairly well set up 2000 R, you'll never want to drive that old stuff anymore?!?
I'd rather drive the newer and faster, but I'm a little short of funds (make that very short). :-D

15Mustang.gif

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
ac427cobra said:
If I had your money I could throw mine away!

Yea, yea.
http://www.lyricsbox.com/ramones-lyrics-yea-s4vm1nx.html

I thought that was a song. :-D

I know your kind. You race with the names of Roush, Hendrick, DEI, Yates, Childress, Gibbs, and Schumacher.

You'd look good in red:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Schumacher

I see your buddy, Jeff, broke your buddy Dale, Sr.'s record for most wins in NASCAR history.

Dale, Sr.
http://www.daleearnhardtinc.com/content/home.aspx

Bruce's idol:
JG2.gif

I'm just a poor racer with an old car. We can't compete with you guys that have all the proper racing equipment. We just race these old cars at half-speed:
http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.nsf/attachmentweb/EJEN-6JXQQ5/$file/6+R.pdf?OpenElement

We find it difficult to break under 2:10 at the Glen with these old cars.

We don't get the pretty girls, either:
pink.gif

We still have fun. :D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I now know what Hell will be like!

So Here I am, innocently instructing at the Windy City BMW event at Road America. You'll never guess what cars my students are driving!! Student #1 (Ted and Fred can relate to this one!!) A yellow C5-Z06. Holy crap!!! Does this car go through the corners!!!! But, unfortunately the student wants to take the turns at 6/10ths. Ok, maybe I'm being a little optimistic? Maybe it's only 5/10ths!?!? ;-) :poke:

My other student is driving a Camaro! Much better! I have no problem getting him up to speed! :-D

So now I know what Hell is going to be like.

On a more upbeat note, Joe Foster (Grand Am Cup Racer and Panoz Race School instructor) was once again invited back for the event and he was available for rides and drives. So I figured I'd take advantage. Seeing I didn't get that much help from him riding in my car last year, I figured I'd throw him in the driver's seat and ride along and see what I could learn. Unfortunately we were in an Intermediate student session and we had more damn traffic than you could shake a stick at!! :cryying: But Joe had a great time in my car, thought it drove great but really didn't have much seat time. (3 laps) Besides, he was tippy toeing the pedals as he's quite a bit shorter than me and I don't have an adjustable seat. :(

Passing C6-Z06's really isn't that big of a deal. Do ANY of them ever have a driver in them?!??! ;-) :lol: :p

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
batmani.gif

:-D :eek:

kevin said:
i'm wondering if anyone knows what one of the most unique option is on a f-350?
The tailgate step?

I am dreaming of owning the new F-450 Super Duty. I'm sure it would tow a double stacker trailer. I'd enjoy being the guy with a trailer that is worth more than his two race cars. ;-)
08sdb.gif

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Guys,

I am getting ready to purchase a new video camera. My 9 year old 8mm has been good but is getting tired. I definately want digital recording. I guess on a DVD. After that I have no idea.

Any comments? Warnings? Features to look for?

Thanks,

Tom

kevin

tomshep said:
Guys,

I am getting ready to purchase a new video camera. My 9 year old 8mm has been good but is getting tired. I definately want digital recording. I guess on a DVD. After that I have no idea.

Thanks,

Tom

is this for in car video only? have you looked into the chase cam setup?

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll post a picture of my trailer. Of course, it clearly shows that a Cobra R could be inside. ;-) Everyone needs a Ford paddock vehicle (you'd be surprised that some think that it is a Ford). :-D

Pace3.jpg

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
tomshep said:
Guys,

Thanks,

Tom

Tom:

Sorry I missed this. A camera that records directly to DVD will not work in a car.

You'll need to go to mini-dv digital tape.

FWIW,

Bruce

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread