Off topic threads

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
What is your guess? :) $15K?

Vintage racing has moved the Motorola Cup cars out of the 1973 and older groups. They now race with cars such as this Panoz. Neither are now competitive in that group. The Cobra R's are now mostly parked.

With the same engine, the Panoz would be faster than a Motorola Cup car (less weight, coilovers, better brakes, wider tires). I guess the Panoz would be better suited for open track events. :shrug:

Established Member
I have looked a few, and you have to price it as on open track toy. Period. When you decide to sell your track only toy, the market is not always kind. Take that car, in a year or so get a gt 350 drivetrain, and that would be a blast. At 20K and a few dollars more, I would be in the market for another 95 R first.

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
When you decide to sell your track only toy, the market is not always kind. Take that car, in a year or so get a gt 350 drivetrain, and that would be a blast. At 20K and a few dollars more, I would be in the market for another 95 R first.

It is not my car (see above), and I sure don't need it. I am just trying to help a guy sell it.

He also has this 1998 Santek 25' 3-axle trailer FS:

dick5.gif

dick4.gif

The above is ~$7000 OBO. I already have a trailer. ;-)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, that would be more in the range of my 'guess'.

I guess it is always a guess? :-D I figure that I have the market value when someone pays for it. :) I have him down to $17.9K on the asking price.

Check out the Ford 302 engine (mostly stock 1994/1995 parts):
dick%20011.gif

I am sure that I wouldn't want to add up all of the money that I lost on race cars....It was fun.

Doc,
President
The Hillary for Prison in 2016 Organization

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Gene sent me this joke in another form. I thought I'd add his name to this joke. ;-)
----
Two old guys, Gene and Doc, had been friends for a long time. When it was clear that Doc was dying, Gene visited him every day. One day Doc said to Gene "We both loved racing all of our lives, and we've always been quick."

Gene asked on favor: "When you get to Heaven, somehow you must let me know if there is racing there?"

Doc said; "I'll do this favor for you."

Shortly after that, Doc passed on. A few nights later, Gene was awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to him, Gene, Gene...'Who is it?' asked Gene sitting up suddenly. 'Who is it?'

"Gene it is me, Doc".

"Doc!....Where are you?' "'In Heaven" replied Doc. "I have some really good news and a little bad news."

"Tell me the good news first" said Gene.

'The good news,' Doc said 'is that there is racing Mustangs in Heaven. Better yet all of our old buddies who died before us are here, too. Better than that, we're all young again. Better still, it's always springtime, and it never rains or snows. And best of all, we can race all that we want, and we never get tired."

'That's fantastic,' said Gene 'It's beyond my wildest dreams! So what's the bad news?'

"Gene, you qualified on the pole this Monday."
:eek: :D

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Hey Doc,

Can you tell me when this S&W Mod.37-1 was shipped, possible value? It looks to be in great condition. Maybe 10 rounds through it. No wear, been under a pillow for 20+ years. Serial# BNW9730

Thanks,

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Gene,
The serial number says shipped out of the factory March, 1993. The engineering changes show it as a 37-2. It's a .38 Chiefs Special Aiweight (alloy frame). I have two 36-1---good carry gun.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey guys,

Since I am no longer currently racing a car (I sold it), I am enjoying working on my 1995 R and the other street cars. I enjoy doing this.

I also enjoy finding nice old revolvers. Here are a pair of Model 27's:

27S.jpg

I've been happily married for 30 years, but what is your opinion of this? :-D :read:

kent2.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
That sure is a nice pair you posted there Doc! :banana: .............................. The guns of course!

I'll bet you're glad to be done throwing $100.00 bills out the window of that vintage Mustang! Someday I'll get to know what that feeling is like.

And speaking of women......................... there's no shortage of good looking women in this world. But 90% of those good looking women turn me off the minute they open their mouth. :( You know you're getting old when you start thinking that a woman's mind is her sexiest asset. Here's a couple of hotties from Gutfeld's Red Eye. Katherine Timpf, (blonde) and Joanne Nosuchinsky (brunette) AKA Miss New York. If you've never checked out that show, I highly recommend it!!!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Attachments

• Katherine Timpf.jpg
    Katherine Timpf.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 415
  • Joanne Nosuchinskysm.jpg
    Joanne Nosuchinskysm.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 397

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
The entire world was watching.

A lot of smart engineers, crew members, and the management supported the return of the Ford GT to Le Mans.

Ford returned to the podium:
FordGTLeMan1.gif

FordGTLeMan2.gif

FordGTLeMan3.gif

Users who are viewing this thread