OFFICIAL! 2007 SVT Cobra Supercharged 4V 5.4 with 450+ HP! Pics inside!!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Nathan'sTsi said:
The cobras are between 30-35 now (well the 04s). If you adjust the price for three yrs the price increase is not all that much if it indeed stays under 40k. Add a few more yrs of depreciation and the possibilty of a much improved replacement and you can't honestly think the reasale is going to stay anywhere where you want it to. Just being honest... It's not like we buy these car as an investment ;)

A lot of buyers simply cannot afford a new one, so it is not a choice for many. There is a whole wave of buyers that are always right on the edge of buying a paticular car at a paticular price point. Imagine how many people there are willing to part with 20k for an 03 cobra.

I'd say the 03's will be selling for at least 15k with 60k miles and 5 years on them.

Last edited:

Tommystang

Friggin' Ford Lover
Established Member
JB said:
price and weight, please :)
Just came from the NY Auto Show. The car is even tougher looking in person. Just beautiful. The quote that I got from the Ford rep was around 35-36K, but he wasn't sure yet. I too would want the stripes to be optional, though. No idea of the weight , but an educated guess would be around 3,500 lbs. give or take a 100 or so.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Blahhhh

I think it's hideous. If we wanted a shelby cobra replica we would have bought one. I have been die hard mustang for almost a decade. We always knew there was a fine line between a true SVT cobra and shelby cobra. I am glad that i have my 03. I'm not big on retro vehicles. The thunderbird was a joke, and i think they did the cobra right with the rear and motor up to a 5.4 finally, but the body is a gt with a rice lookin body kit. Disgusted. IMO :xpl:

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
Awesome car. Still expect the Cobra in 2007 to be badder. Should cost about $40K and weigh about 3500 lbs. Now with a smaller pulley, CAI, exhaust and reflash, 550 to 600 HP at the rear wheels! Some fun. ;)

forcefedcobra

Established Member
take the shelby crap off it and give me a normal SVT and I will be in for sure! I just dont think that shelby should have anything to do with the car.

EddieGT

Life begins at 8 psi...
Established Member
svtfocus2k4 said:
take the shelby crap off it and give me a normal SVT and I will be in for sure! I just dont think that shelby should have anything to do with the car.

Why not? Shelby is the reason it's got the name to begin with...

I think it's a great marketing strategy by Ford.

SVT is going to be more involved in performance design aspects of regular Fords without using the team's badging. At least the GT500 will carry SVT badging (even if just on the engine coil covers).

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
I'm not buying the weight everyone keeps posting.
I honestly don't see how it could be that light.
A full loaded 05 gt is what weight?
Cobra always come fully loaded with no options(very few because they already have everything for the most part).
Now add the 5.4 with a cast iron block, then a blower, Larger rad, HE, t56, larger wheels/tires and a lot of other things.
I honestly see the cobra weighing over 4000lbs(with driver/gas).
These 3500/3600lb weights seem way off to me.
My guess is 3700-3800lbs but thats just a guess.

Last edited:

tito_146

Established Member
Came back from NYC today. I have to tell you guys that the car looks a lot better in person. Still think it should be offered on an IRS based suspention and reduced weight.

jwfisher

Banned
yeasure said:
I honestly see the cobra weighing over 4000lbs(with driver/gas).
These 3500/3600lb weights seem way off to me.
My guess is 3700-3800lbs but thats just a guess.

Excellent analysis, and right on!

jwfisher

Banned
svtfocus2k4 said:

Accordng to Motor Trend, the proposed SVT Cobra was cancelled due to financial reasons. The SVT Cobra would have come with an even hotter engine, and an IRS.

Now, only the lower-output Shelby GT500 (engineering by SVT with essentially no input from ol Shel) will be offered.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
svtfocus2k4 said:
You mean to tell me you won't buy this car just because it says Shelby on it? How does that make it less of a car? IF the car were exactly the same but didn't say Shelby you would buy it, but, add a name and you are out? Seems a little odd to me.

RyMac

Established Member
Question?!?!

Motor Trends latest article posted in this forum says the engine will be based off the roots 4.6 03/04 motor and just have a larger displacement of 5.4L?

Did they get this wrong or what?

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
You Must be kidding???????

svtfocus2k4 said:
If you are really a Ford person, have you had your head somewhere where there is no sun shining????? If Carroll Shelby never existed, neither would the Shelby Cobras, Mustang Shelbys, Ford GT, or SVT....The Shelby name attached to the new Cobra, makes it a international winner....SVT stands for guys who took Shelby's concept, and made it work for Ford...I cannot believe you would make such a statement on this website...but it is a free country....

Users who are viewing this thread