OFFICIAL! 2007 SVT Cobra Supercharged 4V 5.4 with 450+ HP! Pics inside!!

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
RyMac said:
Motor Trends latest article posted in this forum says the engine will be based off the roots 4.6 03/04 motor and just have a larger displacement of 5.4L?

Did they get this wrong or what?

The 5.4 is based off the 4.6.
It's like the 302 and the 351, pretty much the samething.
1991 was the first 4.6 mod motor(sohc) then in 1993 came the dohc 4.6 mod motor, then in 1999(i believe it's 99) came the 5.4(based off the 4.6)(ford lighting 5.4 sohc) then in 2000 we had the cobra R(5.4 dohc, first dohc 5.4).
Then from there came the 5.0 cammer(based off the 4.6).
You see the point, pretty much all mod motors are based from the 4.6(more ci/displacement, higher deck height).
Now it's very early here so if i stated anything incorrect please correct me.
Hope this helps.

jwfisher

Banned
1993cobramustan said:
If you are really a Ford person, have you had your head somewhere where there is no sun shining????? If Carroll Shelby never existed, neither would the Shelby Cobras, Mustang Shelbys, Ford GT, or SVT....The Shelby name attached to the new Cobra, makes it a international winner....SVT stands for guys who took Shelby's concept, and made it work for Ford...I cannot believe you would make such a statement on this website...but it is a free country....

Where's your head? You are totally ignorant of the last 40 years.

Shelby had zero to do with SVT or the new Ford GT. And practically zero with the Shelby GT500 - he showed up at the end of the process. Same for the Cobra and GR-1 showcars.

Look at the history of Shelby... a couple of good years of work with Cobras, Mustangs, GT40s, et al. But then the loss of all the unique Mustang suspension mods in '68, and the delivery of a horribly-selling '69 luxo-barge with zero unique performance capabilities. Selling so bad that the unsold models were re-labeled '70s and sold cheap.

And don't forget the absurdly godawful FWD Chryslers with his name and stripes.

Where would we be without him? We'd be missing some history... but there would be zero impact on the last 30 years.

And, BTW, being a "Ford person" doesn't mean that this is like gang life where we don't question the head noncho. It is indeed a free country, and an open website.

Swing

lovestolaunch
Established Member
first thing i would do if i bought that car is get the eleanor kit from cervinis, that thing is unbelieveable.

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
yeasure said:
The 5.4 is based off the 4.6.
It's like the 302 and the 351, pretty much the samething.
1991 was the first 4.6 mod motor(sohc) then in 1993 came the dohc 4.6 mod motor, then in 1999(i believe it's 99) came the 5.4(based off the 4.6)(ford lighting 5.4 sohc) then in 2000 we had the cobra R(5.4 dohc, first dohc 5.4).
Then from there came the 5.0 cammer(based off the 4.6).
You see the point, pretty much all mod motors are based from the 4.6(more ci/displacement, higher deck height).
Now it's very early here so if i stated anything incorrect please correct me.
Hope this helps.

I thought this 5.4L was based off the Triton V8 found in the F-Series and the GT...? All the same 5.4L for the most part, with different head combinations and other variations??

And as for Shelby being involved and having less performance...Ford can pretty do what they want with the performance of the Mustang, as far as a few HP here and a few lb-ft of TQ there. As you know, the Mustang has no direct marketing rival. They can boost performance and try and run with Corvettes (which it will the base model), but why when it doesn't threaten sales? The Corvette and the Viper are in a different league from the Mustang, as far as domestics go. And for imports...the Cobra completely and utterly dominates, with few exceptions in it's market. :rockon: Let me know what you guys think...I'm just stating that Ford can leave a lot of room for improvement because of the lack of rivaling market. :shrug:

Hot_Headed

Rable Rouser
"Shelby had zero to do with SVT or the new Ford GT. And practically zero with the Shelby GT500 - he showed up at the end of the process. Same for the Cobra and GR-1 showcars."

Depends on who you listen to. Ford guys say he was much more involved in the Cobra than anything else. Came up with the rear end that was used in the project. The other projects, he "consulted" on by participating in many managment review meetings.

"Where would we be without him? We'd be missing some history... but there would be zero impact on the last 30 years."

I wouldn't call the Viper and the Series 1 zero impact cars. Also in a sanctioned test a Dodge GLH ran against an original 1965 GT350 and soundly whipped it on the track. Those Chrysler cars were not anything to look at, but they could perform.

Some of you guys take yourself way too seriously. Who gives a rat's ass if Shelby designed and built it? Now days for Ford it's about marketing the retro names and styling. The Bullitt and Mach 1 proved to be outstanding marketing devices. So you intorduce a Mustang reminiscent of the '65/'66 fastbacks and the next logical step would be to build it up and slap the Shelby GT500 label on it and sell a bunch of them. Probably would do better than something called the Thai-Tang Stang.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Some more pics:

003.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

010.jpg

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
pause36 said:
Damn that shelby is sweet. Now I want one real bad...why do I have to be a poor college student?
Ahh don't worry about it. You could always be like one of us poor old people. :D

WDW MKR

Established Member
crimecrusher said:
I've heard 8000 cars at just under $40k. anyone else heard this?

I have heard this several times, but I honestly don't see the car stickering any cheaper than low-40s... before all of the mark ups!

2004svtcobra

Established Member
iceman241 said:
Ok i just got finished reading a magazine and it said that the Shelby Gt500 will not get the shelby letters on the back of it if you get one with stripes the reason why is because they said the older shelbys that had stripes didnt have the shelby letters on the back ether and they dont want the new one to have them ether so if you get stripes on yours it will not get the shelby letters on the back but you know what you better get the shelby lettering cause without his name on it i can promise you it wont keep its value as well but that sucks cause i really wanted to get one with stripes. Also the magazine said the new shelby will be under 40,000 more like 39,000 but i dont think anyone will get it at msrp price so i thnk drive out will be around 45-48 grand . Also the guy who is making the new gt500 has said that he will make as many as people want but then again he said in another article that he will only make 5 to 7 thousand a year so i am confused about that one but they said that about alot of cars in the past years and they made more then they said they would make i think it is a stradegy to get us all worried so that dealers can make the prices alot more. Also they said in the magazine that this car will have close to 500 horsepower and they said it will probably be the first 500 horsepower car for 40grand. Also they gave some est on how fast it will go 0-60 in about 4.3 seconds that is hauling a**. :coolman:

Where did you learn to write?

iceman241

Banned
Why does it matter where i learned to write atleast i wrote it i never said i could write did i? And i bet you and everyone else didnt know this that on the production GT500 the ones with stripes arnt going to have shelby on the back only the non striped ones will have it. I saw that in a magazine i have right here in front of me dont believe me go to the news stand and get one it says on the top mph in bright yellow letters. And if someone would tell me how to post the magazine article i could put it on here.

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
iceman241 said:
Hey eichisama whats with the ugly picture did you take a picture of my sh*t again and say its a car? lol

And what prompted that little tantrum? You come in here spamming the boards with the same message that nobody cares about, post illegible blocks of drivel, and then start randomly insulting people? Please, get a life.

Users who are viewing this thread