Official Snowmobile Thread

hoamskilet

Established Member
How do you find time to stop at the bar?!

This was after our short trip to breakfast. Think we actually did 227....probably 6 stops along the way
81b9c860442ba17d99be2a33ac606975.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

awful knawful

Established Member
Ill be honest...as good as the pld Pro Action chassis was when yamaha and Arctic Cat came together and put yamaha power in a SnoPro chassis one outstanding step was born...in think thr SnoPro chassis is without a doubt the best one out there. And we'll yamaha power...perfect

I would love a new Viper
Lots of viper/ winder's here.
Good motors. Rest is .....well typical cat. Loose/ slack steering, junk tri hubs, junk bearings in the drive line and I'll fitting pannels. Newer ones are better though.

My buds viper mtx 141 steering is horribly sloppy. Been that way since first season. Leaking master cylinder. Jackshaft bearing less than 4000kms, top gear at same time.
They do work good though. Never seen one stranded yet.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
This was after our short trip to breakfast. Think we actually did 227....probably 6 stops along the way

That's some solid ridding. That's usually around our total for a 3 day trip.

Good motors. Rest is .....well typical cat. Loose/ slack steering, junk tri hubs, junk bearings in the drive line and I'll fitting pannels. Newer ones are better though.

My buds viper mtx 141 steering is horribly sloppy. Been that way since first season. Leaking master cylinder. Jackshaft bearing less than 4000kms, top gear at same time.

While mine doesn't have the build quality of my old Yamaha the steering is super tight still at 1000 miles. Way tighter than it ever was on my RX1. The trihub was fixed years ago with replaceable bearings and driveline bearings are usually good for around 5k miles. I'd consider them maintenance at that point.

The Procross is far from perfect but short of the belt issues on the early turbos it's been a dependable platform.

All that said how do you like those dollies? I got a set of the driveable extreme max and so far like them. Nice to be able to pull into the garage and over cracks without the dolly flying out.

Extreme Max 5800.0200 Power Wheels Driveable Snowmobile Dollies - Standard

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

I heard that...the most popular sled on the trails in my area however are the Polaris offering...close 2nd in the skidoo rev platform

I ride a rev often at the ski hill while on patrol...that bitch runs good but God it handles like shit and can idle for 5 mins without getting hot...has been like that aince day one.

I'm still not a rider forward fan...I like stretching my legs out and riding low and back like the old days lol

My old SXR is like a slot car on skis lol...rides kinda rough but man she handles good

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Went up to Hayward last weekend (15-18) and still had rideable snow. Sleds in hibernation for the year now though. Didn't get out as much as I wanted but oh well.

Pic out from last week.

Sled 315.jpg

Snow still left

Snow.jpg

Sled put away for the season

Sled garage.jpg

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I started mine today lol

Had to drag it out of the shed to get my lawn mower out...then drove her back in

M91196

Established Member
Ended up with 1800 miles, that’s decent for me.
This is Moosehead Lake in March.
Snowchecked a MXZ XRS 850, I’ll be back with a picture in November
61bccc3be4299ded2a4d53f31c8cdfe7.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Moosehead Lake. Beautiful country up there. Sounds like you had a fun winter.

Users who are viewing this thread