Oil change?

SHAKN' 04

ToRchEd 04'
Established Member
How often do you guys change your oil? I prob about about 15 miles a day on my car without any hard driving. Does the oil percentage on our gauge accurate enough to decide when I should change the oil? If so, what percentage do you run it to until it's time to change it? Any help would be appreciated.

hitmix300

Established Member
I'm old school. I change by mileage and color. I know a lot of guys take it to the next level and mail out there samples and what not. I just change it often and call it good.

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
I used to work for a petroleum company that made oil/synthetics/race gas and while we were happy synthetic users were changing their oil at 4-5,000 miles (due to sales) there's no reason with a quality filter you need to unless you're often seeing extreme temperatures from sustained high RPM's.

If your car requires synthetic, or you just prefer it, at least take advantage of its superior properties.

SHAKN' 04

ToRchEd 04'
Established Member
Thanks guys.

AJ , car is running strong. Did the xpipe and res deletes. Picks up pretty hard up top. Just need to install my injectors and get the e85 tune.

50blackout

Established Member
Every 4K-5K With 0W-40 Mobil 1 for the summer and spring. Has a great additive package/detergents and it's A LOT better than motorcraft 5w-50.

0w-30 Mobil 1 for fall and winter (or a mix of 4qts 0w-40 and 4 qts 0w-20 if that's on sale :))

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad to hear, I bet it's a beast.

I have been so lazy with mine, been meaning to lower it but cant seem to get off of the couch to do it... Lol

helloWorld

Established Member
My car is a daily driver and I have my oil changed by the local Ford dealership every 4000 to 5000 miles. The last "service" was 8 quarts of oil, new oil filter, new oil drain plug, and all four tires rotated, and tax for ~ $60.00

cheeser

Established Member
I am curious on the same question, but include the nuance of tracking the car once or twice a year. I typically do about 80 - 100 miles during a track day.

As a result, I was thinking of changing the oil in the summer and run a track day or two for around a couple thousand miles and the change it in the fall in n prep for colder weather. Was thinking of the new amsoil 5-50 to include the track days and then back to 5-20 amsoil ss for fall/winter.

70monte

Established Member
I change mine once a year because it's not my daily driver. My last change at a year was 6,600 miles and I use 5W-20 Motorcraft blend and a Motorcraft filter. The color of the oil on the dipstick was almost like new and looking down the fill hole, everything is spotless.

Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread