Oil coming up into intake??

00SVTlightning

F8LSTRKE
Established Member
This may be a dumb question but I have noticed a tube running from the intake (right before the TB) and it goes who knows where but there seems to be oil seeping from it into the TB. Not alot but just a little to piss me off. Is this a common Lightning thing? Is there some type of fix?

00SVTlightning

F8LSTRKE
Established Member
That wasnt exactly the tube I was referring to but thank you very much. I will look at the tube I am talking about when I get home. I am gone all week every week till 04/14 for training. I get home on the weekends. The truck is new and I still have not had a chance to play around under the hood yet. Thanks again.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
00SVTlightning said:
That wasnt exactly the tube I was referring to but thank you very much. I will look at the tube I am talking about when I get home. I am gone all week every week till 04/14 for training. I get home on the weekends. The truck is new and I still have not had a chance to play around under the hood yet. Thanks again.

Your whole intake system is probably soaked in oil, including your intercooler. The oil separator will keep oil from getting in there.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
My oil soaked intercooler-
28850-843-14375.jpg

28850-843-14376.jpg

28850-843-14377.jpg

After-
28850-843-14378.jpg

The fix I used AFTER Cleaning-
28850-843-14384.jpg

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
00SVTlightning said:
Is that something that could be dramatically robbing power from my L?
Hell yeah!! i cleaned mine out and noticed a big difference....i am going to do it again when it gets warmer. The last time i didnt do as good of a job as i wanted too....but im going to paint and polish some more crap when it do it this time..might even port the ol' eaton....to answer your question yes, you need to do it if u havent

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
how many miles are on your truck? since its a 2000 you still will want to clean it up. Isnt that hard to do really, if you have some simple tools and knoweldge...

00rsvtl

Established Member
the oil seperator stops alot of the oil.i recently swithced to breathers on both valve covers and now there is zero oil.i would recomend the breathers over the oil seperator.you will not have to keep cleaning the i/c.it cost me about the same as the price of an oil spereator form a vendor.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
00rsvtl said:
the oil seperator stops alot of the oil.i recently swithced to breathers on both valve covers and now there is zero oil.i would recomend the breathers over the oil seperator.you will not have to keep cleaning the i/c.it cost me about the same as the price of an oil spereator form a vendor.

Until the breathers get oil soaked and start spraying oil all over your engine ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread