OIL Commodities opinions

hey11101

Established Member
Let me start this off I am not super knowledgeable about the stocks/mutualfunds/index funds, I do know a little since I do have roth ira open so I did some research at that time. Lately with the oil prices plummeting I been thinking about investing into oil commodities since in my opinion its only a matter of time until oil prices bounce back. Maybe I am missing big part of puzzle here about the whole thing.... chive in you got some pointers on this.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Prices for fuel are still dropping here, I don't think 45 a barrel is as low as it will go.

That said , my opinion is it is a bit early to start the buy.

hey11101

Established Member
Ohh yea I don't think the bottom has set in yet but I would buy at 35-40 range and sell at 70-80 range, just wanted to see what u guys thought about it.

oldmodman

Established Member
I bought some Sea Drill SDRL puts margined to the max, back in mid September for Feb 10. So far they have made almost 400% since sdrl has fallen over 70%

I don't trust the Saudi's to keep pumping at these low prices so I will let the puts sell and not rebuy. Didn't have that much in them anyway. About 60k.

But some heavy trader friends have over a million in them. They really made out great.

crazyj0n

Established Member
I bought some Sea Drill SDRL puts margined to the max, back in mid September for Feb 10. So far they have made almost 400% since sdrl has fallen over 70%

I don't trust the Saudi's to keep pumping at these low prices so I will let the puts sell and not rebuy. Didn't have that much in them anyway. About 60k.

But some heavy trader friends have over a million in them. They really made out great.

Buying options on margin wut? Let the puts sell and not rebuy huh? 60k isn't alot of money wut wut?

Users who are viewing this thread