Ok I cant find it with the search, so how do you hook a your IC pump on a switck?

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Ok I cant find it with the search, so how do you hook a your IC pump on a switch?

Sorry I'm sick of trying to find it so help a brother out:-D

Will

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE
I went on a little wiring escapade yesterday with the intent of wiring up the Electric Fan and Intercooler Pump both to individual switches and being able to run them with the car completely OFF and no key in the ignition.

I was able to wire up the Electric Fan no problem. When i flip the switch (as long as the car is an OFF or in ACC state, the fan will run. If the car is ON or STARTED, the switch will not function, since at that point the fan is controlled by the PCM. This is how I want it to function.

I was hoping to get the same outcome by wiring the IC Pump up the same way, but alas... it was a no go. :(

You can follow the attached diagram(s) below to see how I wired the two components. Here is what I have tried so far in an effort to find out exactly WHY the IC Pump will not function with the car OFF or in ACC.

- 12V constant power is good (~12.4V).
- GND is good.
- A seperate wire has been spliced into the WH/OG wire @ PCM Pin #82 (referred to as P82)
- Tried using GND, PWR and P82 with car OFF or in ACC, IC Pump does not function.
- Tried using GND and P82 with car ON, IC Pump does not function.
- Tried using GND and WH/OG wire @ fuse box by MAF with car ON, IC pump does not function.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions to set me in the right direction? The IC Pump still comes on when them PCM tells it to normally, so all the stock wiring is good. Any help would be appreciated!

Here are the two diagrams for the Electric Fan and IC Pump (pardon the crappy drawing. :) )

Elec_Fan.jpg

IC_Pump.jpg

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Thank you very much;-) So how exactly do I do this? I suck with electrical work, thats jays job.

Users who are viewing this thread