Ok, the GT compares very well with the Enzo and Carrera GT...

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
What do those other two cost? How many Ford GT's could ya buy for the price of either one of the others? I understand that an Enzo is an Enzo and that the Carrera GT also fits in this category but come on..... :poke:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
EvergreenSVT said:
Enzo= $660,000
Carrera= $440,000

Enzos on the aftermarket go from $1 to $2 MILLION.

my personal opinion is that in addition to all of that, I think that the Ford GT looks waaaaay better than the Enzo or the Porsche does, and from what I've heard, the engine sounds w hole lot better when you wind it up than either one of those other cars do. just my opinion, but to tell you the truth, if you gave me one million dollars to spend on the car of my choice, I would buy atleast two Ford GT's before I'd buy an Enzo or a Porsche. that way, i would have one to beat on, and one to baby.

rphinney

Established Member
Where did you get the 440K for a Carrera? And if you think a GT looks better than an Enzo you shouldnt be worried about buying either but rather a value priced pyschiatrist.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
$440k was from a magazine. I think the Enzo is the best looking, followed by Porsche, then Ford. I would take Ferrari, Ford, Porsche. Although I would rather have whatever version of the F430 is the replacement to the F360 CS. The CS was only two seconds off of the Enzo's lap times at Ferraris test track anyway.

Vic

Established Member
The Enzo does not have classic lines, and the traditional elements of artistic automotive proportion. If it did, that would put it in a category where there is little room for debate as to its beauty. Examples of such cars are the 30's Mercedes 500K, Cord, etc, and more modern cars are represented by the 60s XKE Jags, and the current BMW Z8. With these cars, their beauty is universally accepted and recognized, albeit with some room for debate according to personal taste. But the Enzo represents a departure from classic design, and in that regard we could consider it avant garde. But in my humble opinion, it looks like an anteater. It did not strike me as good looking when I first saw it, rather, its a shape that you have to get used to before it can be appreciated, like a bitter drink. This type of visual excrement can also fade away from style very quickly, as the public's taste goes from edge styling to aero, then back again, depending on the auto trend du jour. Its day in the limelight is limited. If you take off your Ferrari-colored sunglasses, the truth of the "emperor's new clothes" becomes evident, its actually quite fugly! If it was a nasty critter you found under a rock, you'd beat it with a stick until it was dead. It has no user-friendly visual beauty, rather, its a lurid sideshow of crudely fashioned, unrelated shapes, morphed together in a lab, and the result is peculiar and inhuman, like Frankenstein. Most of its visual impact stems from its garishness.

In contrast, the Ford GT has timeless lines, and beauty that grabs you right away. Thats why it was worth doing over, almost 40 years later. The classics never die!

just my 2 cents!

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Vic said:
The Enzo does not have classic lines, and the traditional elements of artistic automotive proportion. If it did, that would put it in a category where there is little room for debate as to its beauty. Examples of such cars are the 30's Mercedes 500K, Cord, etc, and more modern cars are represented by the 60s XKE Jags, and the current BMW Z8. With these cars, their beauty is universally accepted and recognized, albeit with some room for debate according to personal taste. But the Enzo represents a departure from classic design, and in that regard we could consider it avant garde. But in my humble opinion, it looks like an anteater. It did not strike me as good looking when I first saw it, rather, its a shape that you have to get used to before it can be appreciated, like a bitter drink. This type of visual excrement can also fade away from style very quickly, as the public's taste goes from edge styling to aero, then back again, depending on the auto trend du jour. Its day in the limelight is limited. If you take off your Ferrari-colored sunglasses, the truth of the "emperor's new clothes" becomes evident, its actually quite fugly! If it was a nasty critter you found under a rock, you'd beat it with a stick until it was dead. It has no user-friendly visual beauty, rather, its a lurid sideshow of crudely fashioned, unrelated shapes, morphed together in a lab, and the result is peculiar and inhuman, like Frankenstein. Most of its visual impact stems from its garishness.

In contrast, the Ford GT has timeless lines, and beauty that grabs you right away. Thats why it was worth doing over, almost 40 years later. The classics never die!

just my 2 cents!

Kinda like the Lambo Countach S, neat but fugly.

Vic

Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
Kinda like the Lambo Countach S, neat but fugly.

Dats zacktly what I mean! Thanks for getting my point!

Counterpoint- (ala John Kerry)
Guys tend to diss cars that they can't afford. They say the exotic is overpriced, but they can supercharge their pos and make it faster than the brand x car they hate but can't afford, dwell on price vs performance ratios, etc. But if the same guy moves up or wins the lottery, he then buys the car he once despised, because its so exclusive, you know! So our taste is determined quite a bit by our economic status. If I won the lottery, maybe I would want an Enzo, and tend to talk more about its performance, than its awkward lines. I'd probably consider the lines to be wild and interesting. I'm so shallow, its disgusting!

What I'd really like to see, is the Enzo beater, the Chrysler ME 4-12 go into production. Even if I can't afford one of those either, it still makes me proud that an American car company can make something that can pound an Enzo! Call me nationalistic! (This site needs an American flag smilie!)

Yes, I know it has a Merc engine.....

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
To me the Enzo looks like a spaceship bubble with a weird looking locamotive train cow catcher attached to the front of it. And the Ford GT is so close to being just as quick that if you drove both cars, one right after the other, I'm sure that you would NOT notice a difference in their rate of acceleration. You might notice that the Ford has a broader power band, and that the one of the Enzo is more peaky, but as far as a seat of the pants 0-150 MPH acceleration test, they're so close that you wouldn't notice anything different. Ofcourse I don't think I can comment on whether or not you would feel any significant difference in the handling since I haven't driven either car.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
He he, too continue the discussion!

Enzo looks like garbage; from the beginning of the front windshield all the way to the exhaust tips is a fu(king loss on these cars. However, I could sit on my ass directly in front of the car and drool over it all day. I spend more time looking at the brake rotors/calipers (which just plain impress me for some dumb reason) than any other part of the car when I see an Enzo. I'll take a McLaren over an Enzo any day, way rarer too. I don't know how a car with ~400 examples available commands a price of 1.5 million or more. Open a DuPont registry and there are plenty available.

Carerra GT kinda fell off the map, with all the hype surrounding all the other cars. Overshadowed in my opinion by cars like the S7, Enzo, Ford GT etc...

Anyways, Lou Grubb Ford is still sitting on their Red GT after going through their call list trying to get 220K for it. I was down their looking at it today and they quoted 250K after calling just a few days prior with a 220K price. They are also lying about their car on ebay, claiming its one of the 1st 50 built when its vin # is 106. Retarded/dishonest bunch of clowns over there....

Ford GT # 668 is about to be built. At this rate their will be over a thousand made by March 1st. Unless the dealership owners keep buying their allocations, the bubble is gonna pop soon...

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
The Chrysler ME 412 is only an Enzo beater in a straight line.They built it for all out speed, which means its insanely heavy. It won't corner like the Enzo. And its fugly, while th Enzo is good looking. Nothing beats the 360/430 though.

Vic

Established Member
They built it for all out speed, which means its insanely heavy.
Why does building for all out speed connote extra weight? The Chrysler ME 4-12 weighs 2888 lbs/1310KG. The Enzo weighs 3009 lbs/1365KG. You can find this info with a 2 minute Yahoo search. There may be some differences depending on which site you find data on, but thats close enough to at least show that the ME 4-12 is not "insanely heavy", as you assert.
Nothing beats the 360/430 though.
Sure there is, the Enzo, the McClaren F1, just to name a couple. Oh, I see, you mean nothing "beats it" in a subjective way.

Last edited:

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Vic, I was talking about looks when I mentioned the 360/430. To me, they are the most beautiful.

And I am surprised to hear that the Chrysler weighs so little. Are you sure about that figure? When the concept car came out, I heard the massive engine, and the turbos, along with the other things required to make it a high speed winner made it close to 4000 pounds.

Vic

Established Member
Evergreen,
It sure is a great when there are enough different styles of sports cars, to appeal to everyones' taste! There are so many great cars out now, I'd have to say that we are now living in the greatest era of automotive history. I thought I had seen the best era go by, when the American muscle car era began to fade in the early 70s. Looking back, that wasn't even a "flash in the pan"! Now there are lots of cars that run faster 1/4 mile times than the best from that era. Plus, now we can go around corners, too! But I digress... :)

No, I'm not really sure of any car's weight, unless I see it myself on a scale with a full tank of gas!! Magazines figures are notoriously wrong, and prototypes usually don't reflect the final production weight. So using magazine figures, or even manufacturer's published figures for a prototype is at best a crap shoot. The only weight you can rely on, is one done by an independant source, on a production model, with full fluids. In this case, the Enzo comes in heavier than some magazine reports have stated. October Motor Trend got a hold of a real live Enzo, donated for a test by a businessman who was promoting his "Swap Shop". M/T claims that the Enzo weighs 3254 lbs. In contrast, the only figures for the Chrysler ME 4-12 are for the prototype, so a real-world comparison is not available at this time. I had read that the ME 4-12 engine weighs 500 lbs, so thats not too bad, if true. I probably won't ever buy a ME 4-12 anyway, so I'm just bench racing here.

The very best car that I ever will be likely to buy, will be the Ford GT. Unless I win the lottery! So anything I say is just blowing smoke anyway. But its fun, right?

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
rphinney said:
Where did you get the 440K for a Carrera? And if you think a GT looks better than an Enzo you shouldnt be worried about buying either but rather a value priced pyschiatrist.[/QUO

The Ford GT looks way better than that Enzo!

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Ford GT

I think the Ford GT is the most beautiful car I have ever seen. It is a true work of art. :bowdown:

rphinney

Established Member
Sounds like we will be needing SEVERAL value priced physciatrists. Comparing an Enzo to a Lambo Countach will get you an appointment with Dr. Kevorkian!The Enzo looks like an anteater? WTF? The countach was a sword blade with a glass windshield. 9 out of 10 people (outside of this board, after all I see more dirty knees :bowdown: in here than the last rodeo I went to :xpl: ) Would want an enzo over the GT, not knowing anything about the price of either.

The last time I checked "beauty" of a car had nothing todo with winning the lottery, or economic situation. Then again those GTS's usually look good in my rear veiw mirror. Guess I just havent won the lottery yet so I'm just not "getting it" :shrug:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
I think the Ford GT is the most beautiful car I have ever seen. It is a true work of art. :bowdown:
Yep, I agree 100%!!!! I haven't seen any pics of any other car in ANY price range that looks as good as the Ford GT. And I am NOT a Ford Loyalist by any means. The car just doesn't seem to have a bad angle on it. And I would not say that about very many other cars at all. Definately NOT the Enzo, nor any Lambo. I don't care how much they cost!! If you gave me a Lambo, or an Enzo, I'd take it only to put it up for sale, and buy a Ford GT.

Users who are viewing this thread