Old guys...first time fathers. How old were you?

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I turned 40 in December and found out a month or so ago that I will be becoming a dad in late October. This is something we planned, so that's not the issue. The more I think about it though the more I realize that some people/friends my age have kids in college already lol.

So for the old guys with young kids, how old were you when your child was born?

Coiled03

Established Member
Not too far off from you; I was 38. I'll be 40 this November.

Just a heads up, you'll quickly realize why most people have kids at a younger age. Little ones will wear you out!!

Silver03

Established Member
I turned 40 in December and found out a month or so ago that I will be becoming a dad in late October. This is something we planned, so that's not the issue. The more I think about it though the more I realize that some people/friends my age have kids in college already lol.

So for the old guys with young kids, how old were you when your child was born?

I was 33 when my son was born, slightly younger than you. Keep yourself in shape and you will keep up with the little one no problem.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Not too far off from you; I was 38. I'll be 40 this November.

Just a heads up, you'll quickly realize why most people have kids at a younger age. Little ones will wear you out!!

^^This,

Mine were born at 24 and 27.

I'm almost 43 and oldest is in college and youngest has 2 years of HS left.

I have my life back at a young age and all done on purpose!

I really feel for you guys. lol

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
My 2 "bio" kids we had at 25 and 28. My daughter turns 18 in Sept and my son turns 15 in Oct..... My stepson just turned 19 in Jan. I think mid to late 20's is ideal because you should have all that "wild party" stuff somewhat out of your system and you should also have your head on straight on a career path. I always tell my Marines to wait until they're 25+ along with their SO before they get married and have kids. Nothing against young folks at all- some of you can and do handle it- unfortunately most don't.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
I have a couple friends who had kids at 45 and 47....they seem to be fine with it. I had kids at 27, 29 and this year 31. No matter what age, kids are great!

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I'm 38. I've got a 4 1/2 year old and we also have a 6 WEEK old now. Just in the four year difference from our first one, I can feel the age difference having to get up several times to feed the new baby during the night. This stuff gets much harder the older you get. Plus being so much older, I'm now worrying more about my health and trying to take better care of myself so I am around for these lil ones later.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
19 for the first and 33 for the last one. My oldest and my youngest and oldest have the same birthday :) I will be 57 next month and have 4 off springs.

My BOSS

Established Member
I was 35 my son is now 15. His mom took off when he was 6 months old. My wonderful wife of 13 years took over where the dead-beat left off.

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
Friend of mine is 44 and he just added a son to his family. After visiting him I don't think I could do it again tho....my kid is about to hit 16. Congrats and enjoy!!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I had my kid at 21 my wife 20.. He's turning 4 in May.

I gotta tell you, I'm glad that I had mine young.. He's a hand fun now and I'm 24 and he wears my ass out easily!! lol.. They have so much energy. But they are amazing and fun as hell too. I have a boy and he's at the age where he wants to "ride in daddies Cobra" or "help me with my car".. I love it.. Every freaking second of it!! Unless he's being a shit.. then I want to punt him hahahaha.

Sick SVT

Established Member
I was 30 when my son was born. He's 7 months and started crawling. Now he's mobile and goes everywhere. Wears me out sometimes. Best thing that's ever happened though. When you look at him and he smiles back its the best thing ever.

flS/R

Established Member
^^This,

Mine were born at 24 and 27.

I'm almost 43 and oldest is in college and youngest has 2 years of HS left.

I have my life back at a young age and all done on purpose!

I really feel for you guys. lol

I quote this because my story is almost this to the letter. It was a good feeling to be young enough to do everything with them when they were growing up and it is just as good a feeling being young enough to still do things for myself now that one is adult and the other will be by the end of this year.

for those of you who have waited more years than I have, I wish you the best. Having kids was great for me, here's hoping you can say the same :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread