Oliver or Manley I beams

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
Sid, there's something I want to slip in at this point. I want to credit you and thank you and the rest of the crew here at SVTP. Things can get, shall we say, a bit testy at times. Personalities conflict. We reach different conclusions quite often when discussing even the simplest, most mundane of topics. And as heated as things may get, you let the chips fall where they may.

That's what I'm most thankful for. Because after the ugliness, there is reflection during the calm. It can be forgiveness or eternal hatred. Whatever the outcome, as men, we learn from it and move on - a kind of closure if you will.

So when I visit sites like Camaro5 and see how they handle issues that they don't want discussed, no matter how fair and logical an individual may have been, he is chastised and banished for eternity. All of which is horribly counterproductive and encourages even the most devout GM fan to become somewhat keyboard 'nervous' and hypocritical.

So thanks.

That said, why is there even a discussion on aftermarket rods? I've been told countless times how the factory PM rods could withstand the forces of even the angriest God.

:)

[/sarcasm off]

wth? I want to see some bent rods...

CPRsm

Sid, there's something I want to slip in at this point. I want to credit you and thank you and the rest of the crew here at SVTP. Things can get, shall we say, a bit testy at times. Personalities conflict. We reach different conclusions quite often when discussing even the simplest, most mundane of topics. And as heated as things may get, you let the chips fall where they may.
Sorry, but even with proof to back up claims, this is not always the case.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
dude, use google and search yourself. MMR engine failure, it's not that hard!
that's not the point. your making claims in response to a companies posts(a prominent vendor at that), you better back them up. the burden of proof lies on you since your the one making the claims.
i could give a shit to be honest, i'm 'just sayin'.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It must still be cold where you are with all that nut snuggling.

When you grow up someday, you'll understand. Might be awhile though.

CPRsm said:
Sorry, but even with proof to back up claims, this is not always the case.

If somebody had the data or proof to backup a claim in question and was brushed aside by the powers that be at SVTP, I have yet to witness it.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
dude, use google and search yourself. MMR engine failure, it's not that hard!

Better yet do a google search for Nascar Engine Failure , these engines are considered by most to be built by the best.

Our point-

1. you can find a failure of anything if you dig hard enough

2. what you read on the internet is at best 1/2 the story

We are done with this thread. Our opinion was asked for, our professional and experienced opinion was given.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Of course you haven't seen it. It's deleted.

Working on the assumption that you may have been involved somehow, looking to sift through all the posts you've made since you've been here, I now see the database limits you to the last 100 posts.

Darnit.

CPRsm

Post is gone.
I'll make it really easy.
What would you say if I claimed an Aeromotive A1000 could make 1000rwhp on E85?

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That I haven't researched that specific pump nor am I versed enough on E85 to comment on its potential in the application you speak of - as that is way too little information.

The first result from a simple Google search of 'Aeromotive A1000' yields an ad from Jegs that claims:

Up to 1300 HP for naturally aspirated
Up to 1000 HP for forced air induction
Aeromotive 11101 Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pumps

Also states it is compatible with all pump and race gas.

A further Google search shows a discussion of the pump here at SVTP with mention of near 1,000 rwhp.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/distillery-374/809519-aeromotive-a1000.html

So my five minute and twenty three seconds of 'research' says, yeah, sounds plausible.

No?

CPRsm

No. Not on E85.

From your link.
My tuner maxed out a A1000 at 830rwhp.. 30% of that for E85 and that's still on the max side of the pump.. This is if I were to pulley it down obviously.. if I were to run the same boost I am now I wouldn't have a problem..

Can't figure out what I am doing different. We just maxed my A1000 out at about 90 PSi with a 100 shot running E85.....
...... Here is a few dyno passes as we got it to at 969/1111.

These posters though the same as me, and even posted before I did.
Thats more a twist on words.

According to Aeromotive the A1000 is good for

1100 N/A
800 Forced Induction

The carb setup is where it will support 1300hp.

If your looking to make alot of power on a single pump then a large external like the Elimnator pump is what you want.

Even less if you want E-85 was what I was told directly from them at the PRI show.

I said the same, yet "POOF," post is gone and the infraction remains. Apparently the vendor who told them it would support that power got upset, and my post was deleted. Even though it was correct.

CPRsm

That was a vendors thread ? Looked like someone who asked for info. Not one started by the vendor. Oh, the post is back. Guess I should have quoted you since now your post is gone,too.

Robert305 is the OP.
Here is my post. Where is the "attack?"

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/816438-tank-a1000.html#post11313905

BBR Jackyl system is a one pump in tank unit. when i called they told me it would support 1000whp on E85.
On gas, with a carb, MAYBE.
That being said I've run them on every turbo car that has come through here. One locked up and it was my own fault for being too cheap to put a pre filter in it.

I stated nothing on them, or their part. Simply stated the pump would not make the power.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I deleted my post because it was incorrect. You were right about that post, it should not have been removed. I fixed it and removed the warning. I'm not sure why I deleted it, probably confused it with another, but it was a mistake. Sorry about that.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
My apologies Dustin, but it is a bit difficult to follow. Not being versed on the subject matter (but more so now), not knowing the vendor who may have been upset, and not being able to see anything that was deleted makes it somewhat unclear. In the context of the comments I see that you did make - I concur. I don't see any attack either.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My apologies Dustin, but it is a bit difficult to follow. Not being versed on the subject matter (but more so now), not knowing the vendor who may have been upset, and not being able to see anything that was deleted makes it somewhat unclear. In the context of the comments I see that you did make - I concur. I don't see any attack either.

Yep, it was a mistake on my part.

CPRsm

I deleted my post because it was incorrect. You were right about that post, it should not have been removed. I fixed it and removed the warning. I'm not sure why I deleted it, probably confused it with another, but it was a mistake. Sorry about that.
I finished posting before I got your PM. Not a problem. :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

That's what I'm most thankful for. Because after the ugliness, there is reflection during the calm. It can be forgiveness or eternal hatred. Whatever the outcome, as men, we learn from it and move on - a kind of closure if you will.

This is one of the problems when you have over 128,000 members on a car enthusiast site with guys comparing whose blower can blow the hardest. :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread