On my way to Wanna GO Fast...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The amount of money that has to be invested for a build, down time and I just lost the love for the car.

Manuel

That is exactly what happened to me with my 04 cobra. By the time I tore the whole thing apart, rebuilt it and tuned it I was burned out bad enough to sell it and buy a BMW 135i (N54), then and EVO X. Finally after nearly 5 years away I got the mustang bug again.

-Jeff

rdsnk46

Established Member
After running my 2008 Shelby to death, twice....it was time for her to go. I purchased it with intent on racing it and going all out but it does get tiring. I can completely understand your point of view Manuel. I want to modify my 2013 Shelby but I what I want most is to always be able to enjoy the car foremost. Sometimes the quest for power is the straw that breaks the camels back. I hope for you the enjoyment far exceeded the negatives with the car. All the best in the future, Andy

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
After running my 2008 Shelby to death, twice....it was time for her to go. I purchased it with intent on racing it and going all out but it does get tiring. I can completely understand your point of view Manuel. I want to modify my 2013 Shelby but I what I want most is to always be able to enjoy the car foremost. Sometimes the quest for power is the straw that breaks the camels back. I hope for you the enjoyment far exceeded the negatives with the car. All the best in the future, Andy

You are exactly right Andy, I had fun for all the 13,000 mi that the car gave me and have a ton of kill stories, but I am not willing to spend over $20k and and then some, pluslike I said lost the love and want an AWD car now. I love racing and enjoy my cars a lot, but you are correct with added power there is always a risk, guess I was lucky with my other rides.

Take care,

Manuel

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Thats exactly why I can't get myself to mod mine.. it already is super powerful and is backed with a warranty.. can't beat getting in the car.. driving it .. enjoying it and not worry so much about how much you'll be out if it gives out.. I absolutely love my GT500.. awesome car and its fun as can be stock.. granted mine is over a year old and has 1300 miles on it.. my OCD doesn't allow me to drive it as much as I want .. but when I do.. it is a blast..

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Dibs on the whole intake, elbow, and throttlebody setup!! I think this will get me to a "safe" 730-740 rwhp.

You'd be better off to go back to stock....all the way....:)

Also, thanks for being the very expensive guinea pig. We can now confirm what you learned the hard way. 800rwhp is the limit is for modification to the OEM bottom end.

Your setup was very appealing and next on my list of To DO's....I'll just stay satisfied with what I got. Skip the headers, E-85, and pulley.

I'd however like that intake!

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Dibs on the whole intake, elbow, and throttlebody setup!! I think this will get me to a "safe" 730-740 rwhp.

Also, thanks for being the very expensive guinea pig. We can now confirm what you learned the hard way. 800rwhp is the limit is for modification to the OEM bottom end.

Your setup was very appealing and next on my list of To DO's....I'll just stay satisfied with what I got. Skip the headers, E-85, and pulley.

It's yours, pricing all the parts out this weekend

cdh027

Established Member
Bosspower,

Are you putting the car back to stock as in another stock motor or are you selling the car as is with blown motor?

efroeh

Established Member

Hey v force why you say skip the headers?

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
How much cheaper is that going to be compared to what you were considering? I'm just curious how much it would cost me or anyone else that smokes a motor?

With the return fuel system and the new block, you are looking at $23k plus $3k more if you want to sleeve the block.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Wow, sorry to hear all this. Of all the cars on the forum I wondered how yours was holding up and if it would last for a long time. 6900rpm with that much power is a super high shift point. Those rods were really going through hell. I think anything above 6250 should be avoided with high power levels and stock rods.

ThomasL

Established Member
Fingers crossed here. With the same power as Manuel i was shifting around 6500 at the half mile event. Took it to 7100 through the traps at the top of 4th on my 169 run. Name of the game though, have to pay to play. Can't say i blame Manuel for wanting to move on from the car either. Understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread