? ON TAKING OFF THE HOOD BLANKET..

03BLKCOBRA

Established Member
will the tabs that hold the blanket up get messed up to much that it will not hold the blanket up ?

thanks for the help..

ALA G8R

Banned
If you pull them out too many times they will lose their gripping ability. I can't imagine that they would be too expensive to replace if needed.

Cobra'03

Established Member
They are cheap - pulling them out straight will extend life indefinitely - I use a 90 degree offset long nose pliers, wroking the snout under the fastener on either side, and pulling straight out.

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
I am new to this mod, so what is the main purpose for this mod? Can you tell a difference in it?:shrug:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by MineralGray03
I am new to this mod, so what is the main purpose for this mod? Can you tell a difference in it?:shrug:

basically, water soaks the hood blanket causing it to look ugly. Some people alter their hood blanket so that it won't get water on it. But it is sometimes easier to just get rid of the blanket altogether.

but then you have people saying that it could affect the hood paint because of the heat.... or that if the engine catches fire then the blanket will not be there to smother the flames, etc...

:beer:

btw... check for "postban" user on this forum to see how he did the hood alteration mod. He has the links in his signature.

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by MineralGray03

Like someone already said it keeps the blanket from getting soaked and it also lets the hot air from the engine release much better. If you look at it those vents are closed and the blanket only has very small openings on each side.

03'Darin

Established Member
I did the hood blanket mod instead of removing it. I was afraid the engine heat would fade the hood paint and I didn't want the look of a bare hood when you open it. I used black door edge guards for the trim when I did the blanket mod. The door edge guards do two things; 1. they have a glue on the inside that helps hold them in place along with sealing the cut edge of the blanket and 2. they pinch the cut edge of the blanket together which gives a more finished look(IMO).

1,500 miles later my blanket still looks new except for the two big breather holes where the vents are.

BTW I pulled my blanket loose and just folded the inside vent flap behind the blanket. I holds it in place and you can't see that it is still there.

Users who are viewing this thread