On the fence about my ported blower.....

rexisme

Established Member
I kind of want a twin screw and the guy i bought it from said that it has 40k miles on it but less than 5k since the port, how sturdy are these?

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
By all means take just take it apart and look at it. Pull the front snout off, then pull the rotors out. Look at the front bearings and repack them, put new oil in it and go.

Heck if you want to ship it to me I'll take it apart, repack the front bearings, and then reassemble it for free. Quick turn around time too lol. I'm just outside of Louisville about 20 minutes.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
If it turns freely I'm sure it is fine... I would just change the oil and throw in on. If it needs a rebuild down the road then worry about it... JMO

rexisme

Established Member
It does turn freely, however, the dude used packing peanuts and i am scared that one got inside. However, if the blower isnt turning in the box, i dont see how one could get inside of it, everything is taped up. Im just a paranoid mofo.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If it had packing nuts then trust me there's more in there that you can't see. If there's contamination then it needs to be disassembled before installation!

Seriously send it to me and I'll take it apart for you if you want. Or just do it yourself because it's really easy. Where you located? I'm 30 minutes across the Ohio.

For that matter if anyone wants there blower taken apart and cleaned send it to me lol.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that is a real deal! You might get more replies than you expect. LOL!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
i am located in NW Indiana.

Believe me the blower is pretty much idiot proof. Just take the bolts out of the snout. Then lightly pry back and forth. Everything is located with dowels so you pretty much can't mess it up. Just try and stay even when prying on it or just don't pry it to much to one side. After that the rotor plate will come off really easy also. After that lay it on something clean and literally wash it out with a garden hose with a nozzle on it. Just turn the hose down when you wash the front bearings out.

Spray it with brake cleaner to help dry it. Get some synthetic grease for the front bearings but don't overpack them. Just a couple of dabs on your finger to fill them. Not so much when you put the shaft of the rotor back in it pushes grease into the case though lol. Then put the rotor plate back on. Which by the way the dowels keep you from doing it wrong. Then just put the front snout back on. As far as cleaning that just hold it upside down and spray it with brake cleaner. There's some nylon gear holders or whatever they're called and if they are wallowed out then I'm sure Steig will have some. Put some RV sealant (lightly) on the snout plate after cleaning the surfaces. Clean the bolts with a wire brush and reinstall them. Then torque them to 21 ft lbs. and you're done.

Oh and as far as oil just use some 10w-30 Mobil 1 and you're good to go. Fill it up until it trickles out the hole and now you're completely finished.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread