On3 Coolant Crossover install

FL Steve

Established Member
I just purchased on3's Coolant Crossover delete. I was just wondering if anyone has installed this kit before. Does anyone have any install tips and how do you burp the Coolant system following the install?
Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
I recently installed one. I would say measure everything multiple times. And be aware of the o-rings on the coolant fittings. I had one of mine fail and it wasn't obvious until start up. Other than tat it went pretty smooth. I had some clearance issue due to my fuel system. But that shouldn't be the case for most.

03sonicblu

going 4 broke
Established Member
I recently installed one. I would say measure everything multiple times. And be aware of the o-rings on the coolant fittings. I had one of mine fail and it wasn't obvious until start up. Other than tat it went pretty smooth. I had some clearance issue due to my fuel system. But that shouldn't be the case for most.

what did you do in regards to thermostat? 180?
drill holes in it?
lower hose/t-stat housing?
head cooling mod return line ran to this piece ?

04dreamcobra

Established Member
I just ordered the tstat through them. It was a 180°.

I did drill 2 hole in it like the how to's found online showed. I don't recall of hand, but i'm wanting to say 3/16" holes.

For the lower hose/factory tsat, I bought a GT lower hose and replaced all of it. Cheap at a local parts store. I did have to cut it to shorten it up a bit. But it fit well after.

I have the evenflow cooling mod. I just bought a barbed fitting and ran it through the new housing at the supplied opening. I did have to tap the threaded hole a bit. I guess the coating made the fit too tight. I didn't want to risk damaging the housing.

03sonicblu

going 4 broke
Established Member
I just ordered the tstat through them. It was a 180°.

I did drill 2 hole in it like the how to's found online showed. I don't recall of hand, but i'm wanting to say 3/16" holes.

For the lower hose/factory tsat, I bought a GT lower hose and replaced all of it. Cheap at a local parts store. I did have to cut it to shorten it up a bit. But it fit well after.

I have the evenflow cooling mod. I just bought a barbed fitting and ran it through the new housing at the supplied opening. I did have to tap the threaded hole a bit. I guess the coating made the fit too tight. I didn't want to risk damaging the housing.

HOW DOES THE CAR RUN TEMPS WISE NOW? WITH A/C ON...TRAFFIC?
50/50 COOLANT AND WATER? WATER WETTER?

MY 3.4 CRUSHER CAR HAS BEEN HITTING 220+ IN THIS FL HEAT LATELY WITH A/C ON.....ME NO LIKES!!

04dreamcobra

Established Member
Honestly i cant tell yet. I literally just got it put back together a couple weeks ago. And other than some small test drives i haven't really given it a true street test. I just have 50/50 in it atm. Will hopefully have some time this weekend to log some miles though.

04dreamcobra

Established Member
Mine was to reroute my fuel system and clean up under hood. I'm not aware of any benefit to cooling. Not that there isn't. This looks way better than the coolant crossover tube though. And can add a port for temp sensors if needed.

Ironmancuck

Banned
Established Member
Is that the purpose of this modified system? To make the cars run cooler, more consistently?

I see the On 3 coolant delete kit as a restriction and a downgrade in cooling system performance since the kit uses AN 10 size fittings are much smaller than the stock hose size. The minimum size I would use for cooling system fittings would be AN 16.

04dreamcobra

Established Member
To support the comments above. Space saving and appearance. Before and after. Sorry the pics aren't better.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 656

svo/svt

Established Member
I had the same issue when i installed my on3 coolant setup. no way to burp the system.. I figured out a great way to fix this problem. I installed a sn95 radiator with a cap and its all fine and dandy now.

03sonicblu

going 4 broke
Established Member
Honestly i cant tell yet. I literally just got it put back together a couple weeks ago. And other than some small test drives i haven't really given it a true street test. I just have 50/50 in it atm. Will hopefully have some time this weekend to log some miles though.

so how are temps? What blower & radiator are you running?

04dreamcobra

Established Member
Still no real street tests. Coming next week though. Been working on the front suspension. Finally finished except for alignment. But no issues seen yet on temps and I have a 2.3 Whipple and factory radiator.

keith89

Established Member
I see the On 3 coolant delete kit as a restriction and a downgrade in cooling system performance since the kit uses AN 10 size fittings are much smaller than the stock hose size. The minimum size I would use for cooling system fittings would be AN 16.

+1 I would like to see some tests with temperature probes. if you compare -10 or even -12 hose to the stock tube/hoses, you'll see it's tiny in comparison. I guess we'll find out soon.

04dreamcobra

Established Member
So i got the car finished yesterday and took it for a spin. Temps stayed pretty good. Right around 200° in slow traffic. Dropped slightly once moving good. Had to check it with the programmer for any numbers, but it stayed center or less on the "NORMAL" on the cluster. I would say it worked pretty well! It was about 85° outside and overcast too so that may have helped slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread