On3 TT new personal best

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Took the ol gray mare out east for some laps today. Julesburg, CO. It's the lowest track in the state at 3500 feet, temps were good and DA was only about 4800. This was my first time back since I blew the motor there over Memorial weekend due to not enough fuel. It was a great day, any time you can run 4 passes and each consecutive one is a new PB is ok in my book! It was also the first time out with the tune fixed so I could go to more than 3000 rpm on the trans brake, in the video it was set to 3600 rpm which netted about 4.5 psi and a 1.37 60'.

9.42/149.9

Here's a vid, enjoy!

[youtube_browser]Tt_oz8SyM7M[/youtube_browser]

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Fixed. And I should have a mod edit the thread title, of course that's my best with the kit but not the quickest anybody else has gone with it.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Nice pass! How much do you think you have left on the table?

Not a lot honestly. The DA is probably taking a few tenths and a few mph. The car is heavy, too.. hell it still has Dynamat in it. The base kit's 60 mm turbos are about out of breath at this level though.

Bud

Established Member
1.37 60' in a car that heavy is awesome! Multiple runs in the 150+ mph range was badass too. Was great watching it haul ass yesterday

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
wow. Doing werk!!

congrats.

You are still on the kit's China turbos? They holding up well?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
It went 150+ a few times yesterday. :D

It's the out of the box kit, base 60 mm turbos, the supplied gates, tubing, bov, all of it. Got about 8500 miles on the kit, so far so good.

FIFTY

Established Member
That's killer bro, moving out!!! But I'm so lost right now :( I thought you had a whipple 2.9? you blew a motor? Trans break???? LOL

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
That's killer bro, moving out!!! But I'm so lost right now :( I thought you had a whipple 2.9? you blew a motor? Trans break???? LOL

Sold the Whipple a while ago.. ran the car out of fuel with turbos and torched a block and head unfortunately. And yes a trans brake is about the only way to get turbos to 60' hard up here.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Thanks.. it's a 4c leftover from the Whipple that has a bit of a time locking up at the track.. block is just welded water jackets. Not as good as sleeves but sure can't hurt.
Another angle on the same pass, liking the tbrake.

[youtube_browser]ry6G3zu_SxU[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread