On3preformance 2v new kit 9 psi

kcpgt2002

Established Member
Got my car finally tuned with the new on3performance forward facing kit.
ground clearance is same as stock no joke.
Currently tuned with 10* of timing at 9-9.5psi and was blowing off 305/35/18 nt555r dr's in 3rd. (cold outside)

The car is stock accept for a flowmaster catback(flow through)
How much power do you guys think I'm making? I'm thinking about having my tuner add a little more timing.

Last edited:

01Tbbullitt

Established Member
with there old kit they made 440rwhp on 10psi, I believe the new one just spools faster? Not sure what you are gonna make. I really wish I bought this kit.

best of luck with this, let us know what happens.

kcpgt2002

Established Member
on3performance told me that since the new kit is more efficient, I will make more power with the same amount of boost vs the old kit that I had before. My main concern is that I don't want to make more power than the bottom end can handle long term. aka this is my dd

01Tbbullitt

Established Member
Well you have guys running 450rwhp on stock 2v bottom ends that never break, and then guys that run 380 rwhp and blow up first run. Key is, it is all in the tune.
Best bet is to tell your tuner you want a conservative tune, even with a conservative tune the car should be an 11 second car.
And if the kit as you say makes more HP then the older one you will be making around the edge of what the motor can handle.

kcpgt2002

Established Member
Well I had the car tuned by Bob at STL mustangs and he is the best tuner I have ever encountered. He tuned an 03 cobra with a stock long block at 800 whp. The motor went over 40k before it got tired. It never actually blew up. There is alot less timing in this tune with 9psi on the new kit than I had with the old kit/ setup on 6psi. I just want 425ish rwhp

01Tbbullitt

Established Member
Well if the tuner is good you should have no problem, as far as timing, you were only running 6 psi before and now are running 9, when you add boost you generally retard the timing. A good way to measure horsepower if you don't do a dyno is 1/4 mile MPH.

Last edited:

kcpgt2002

Established Member
Too bad my local track is closed for the season. I have access to a dyno at ny university but don't think its very accurate. A full bolt on c5 z06 put down 412 wheel. Does this sound right?

01Tbbullitt

Established Member
Too bad my local track is closed for the season. I have access to a dyno at ny university but don't think its very accurate. A full bolt on c5 z06 put down 412 wheel. Does this sound right?

That sounds close for the vette, dynos can be like 15% off so don't be discouraged.

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member
How was the fitment of this kit. Seen kind of mixed reviews about the quality of the kits. Care to chime in about your experience with it? Would be much appreciated.

kcpgt2002

Established Member
The Fitment was WAY better than there old kit. The only major problem I had was getting the v bands to seal. I ended up making gaskets to get in to seal. I would buy the kit again for sure. Also ground clearance is awesome. I'm a perfectionist so I did AN fittings for the oil return and oil filter relocation. The relocation kit uses heater hose and I had a hose pop off while I was at a stop light and leaked oil everywhere. Luckily I saw smoke before the motor ran out of oil.

Users who are viewing this thread