Once, Twice, Leave Me Alone

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
So the weekend passed and I was coming back from out of town. It's 32* outside and I'm cruising along minding my business. Thinking about how boring things are since it's cold outside and passing a few cars coming down the main road heading home.

Listening to the few XM channels that I use (much overrated) what is this I see. Four round lights, two on each side, low to the ground, nice pipes coming out the middle, ragtop. Oh well nothing better to do. I pull up besided an 08 convertible Vette. Why not nothing else to do. I'm driving my 09 TL SH AWD HPC (long name isn't it, order parts for it lol) with a few bolt ons nothing major.

Speed limit is 45 and we're on a 3 lane road. It's a little after 11 p.m. and not many cars. I pull up beside him and look over and stare the car up and down. Guy looks to be in his 50s or so and has a younger woman with him. I then give the disrespectful head shake and pull up a little past him. I hear the downshift then a few revs of the motor and he smiles. Yeah game time. Now I have no chance but hey why not. Never will I try him from a roll, no need the V6 doesn't need to be abused like that.

We come to the first light and I look at him and give another head shake. Look around and point to the light. Pull the car down to Sport Mode and waiting on the light to change. I roll my window down to hear the Vette clearly because the car sounds great. Sitting with my left foot on the brake to hold the car from moving my right foot is covering the gas.

Now I know I had to cut at least a .415 light at a minimum because I was out before the bottom bulb fully light up. I hear the Vette exhaust screaming and then rev limiter. I can see the car dancing in my side mirror and he is working things out back there. Hit the paddle shift at 6.3 and get a perfect 6.5 shift by the trans. I see the headlights coming quick and hear the 2nd gear shift (he should have brought the auto because his gear changing is worst than 80 year olds having sex). Looking at the tach I rip off another perfect shift with the paddle. At about 80 mph he has walked me down and almost at my back bumper when I give him the brakes. He blows by but not before seeing that I got out of it ( besides the speed limit is 45) so no run down for you.

He slows down in front of me and when I get back beside him, he's piped up in 2nd gear and the car is drowing my little V6 out lol. He taps the gas a few times and the car jumps forward. We cruise about another mile down the road and I'm gauging the light that is forth coming. I point up and to it and he is really game now. The female on the side looks like she is really enjoying herself ( I would to if I was in a Vette). I'm in the far right lane with a car in the middle lane at the light. The Vette breaks quickly to the far left lane and gets ready. Boy does he look serious now.

I'm in the right lane and looking at the cross lights judging this one. The car in the middle of us is a blue Camry SE about 2010. Cross light goes red, 1 one thousand 2 one thousand and I nail it. Now someone must have set the timer wrong on these lights because I left a tad bit early. Can't get out of it so I'm in the middle of the intersection befor the light changes. Vette leaves for the chase and is peddling 1st gear for traction. Gets out of it and back in which has the car spinning going in the right lane. Perfect shift again at 6.5 and the Ack is screaming around redline. Vette shifts 2nd and has straightened up but looks like a short shift. I paddle shift to 3rd and have about 6 cars on him (so what I left early he has a V8) this time he is pulling hard and I shooting for 80mph.

78 mph and he is coming hard. I don't think I can hold him off until 80 mph so I hit brakes and throw on the emergency flashers. He looks at me has he is passing and wow is he moving. He slows down and pulls up next to me. I roll the window down and point at him with the thumb down. He yells out I was just getting started. I replied yeah you might have caught me eventually but I have never been impressed by those cars. He shakes his head and rolls into the throttle pulling away. I roll my window back up and turn the heater up because I didn't realize I let all my heat out playing around lol. Cold streets, no traction, and a poor driver has me feeling good about the Ack. Poor Vette lol, on a hot day it would have been interesting. Daily driver is not to bad. :thumbsup:

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
those cars are sick and run decent for what they are (the TL's I mean) I worked for acura for years and got to drive them everyday gotta love the SH-AWD

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
:bored: Its one thing to act like a douche but to hate on the guys car when he cleary was being cool is another thing...This whole kill story put a giant DOUSHEBAG label on your forehead...

congrats

You sir get one of these :loser:

for being a douche

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Anyone with a powerful RWD car should know better than to try and race in 32 degree weather, especially if they're on summer performance tires.

Once the weather gets below about 60, you can kiss traction goodbye.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
this is a prime example why import drivers are given a bad wrap :nonono:

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Hitting brakes and blinkers right before he smoked you.... check
leaving early.... check
Giving someone who is cool thumbs down.... check
THAN smack talking his car for no reason..... check:nono:

none of that screams douchy or ricer at all.....:lol1:

Yes sir, you are 100% bonafide douche:loser::kaboom:

As someone else said.... all becuase of the weather... congrats???

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I think it was hilarious. :lol: :lol: Idiot Vette owner should learn how to drive. Yes, traction is hard in the winter but the throttle isn't an on/off switch.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Cliff notes: Race 1: Ricer shuts down when the race is getting started and knows he is going to lose. Race 2: Ricer leaves early, shuts down when he knows he is going to lose. Ricer then gives thumbs down to apparently a guy who was cool, to complete the 'Trifecta of Douchiness'.

Sorry for you he had a nice car and nice 'poon. Don't be mad, bro.

SD? Please?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
those cars are sick and run decent for what they are (the TL's I mean) I worked for acura for years and got to drive them everyday gotta love the SH-AWD

Yeah it's a fun car. Has for shutting down, guess somewhere in the reading you must not have realized the speed limit was 45. Yada yada yada but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the Vette would have passed me easily. I chose my stopping point and it just so happened to be before he caught me.

Jealous, naw not at all. Caught someone willing to play around with their car and they lost. Noone ever said he had to leave the light with me. Yeah I cut the second light a little short, heh things happen. Never seen a rulebook on streetracing. He could have sat there and said look at that idiot and drove off with his POON. He decided to chase the ricer.

If you get hurt by someone looking at your car funny or giving you a thumbs down then you have serious identity issues. Has long has you don't hit, throw anything, touch, or do any type of damage to my car I pretty much careless how you feel or think about it.

Ricer, the car has a few minor modifications but I believe it is far from ricer. Didn't think the TL could be a ricer. No big crazy exhaust can on the back with wild graphics or lights. Pretty much factory except for a J pipe and second cat gutted. Few other odds and ends but no where near ricer.

At the end of the day it is what it is. The better driver won with the better car for the job. Who knows what would have happened on a hot day because it wasn't. I may have left better too. Getting out of it. I guess I should have stayed in it until he caught and passed me. Wow then I could have congratulated him on beating a TL with his LS3. Maybe a better technique for launching would have made a better race. I give the thumbs down to everyone I beat, unless it's for money then they can give themselves the thumbs down.

Nothing like paddle shift for ripping off the shifts. Gotta do something until the weather warms up. Has for leaving on the red, hey things happen. Needed all I could get. Wasn't intentional, gotta work on my lights getting rusty. Might be that the car just left to quick. All in all gotta love the squished in H

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Ricer, the car has a few minor modifications but I believe it is far from ricer. Didn't think the TL could be a ricer. No big crazy exhaust can on the back with wild graphics or lights. Pretty much factory except for a J pipe and second cat gutted. Few other odds and ends but no where near ricer.

At the end of the day it is what it is. The better driver won with the better car for the job. Who knows what would have happened on a hot day because it wasn't. I may have left better too. Getting out of it. I guess I should have stayed in it until he caught and passed me. Wow then I could have congratulated him on beating a TL with his LS3. Maybe a better technique for launching would have made a better race. I give the thumbs down to everyone I beat, unless it's for money then they can give themselves the thumbs down.

Your car is not a ricer. you are a ricer. Braking when you know he is going to blow by you so you can take the given win to your own race.

SlowYellow

Established Member
And to even brag about paddle shifting skill, lol. It's a damn automatic man, if a 90 yr old woman could shift just as fast, there is no skill in paddle shifting. And you do sound like a tool bag.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
It is bad enough that you acted in such a douche bag way but what takes the cake is that you were so proud of your actions you bragged about them on a car forum.

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread