One Bad SVT Cobra - Video exhaust help

04Struck

Established Member
Hi would anyone know the exact exhuast combo this car had? I thought it was a VRS O/R X PIPE with mac catback I currently have a 2.5" vrs o/r x pipe with 3" mac aluminum catback but I havnt gotten the same exhuast tone..stock headers currently too.
Below is the video for reference

Zemedici

Established Member
Right? The exhuast sounds too opened up to sound like that. I have what others have said before unless a 3" x pipe would make that much of a difference over my 2.5"

nah it wont

that 'raw' sound is from longtubes, in my experience

always thought that car was longtubes to a Mac prochamber setup

04Struck

Established Member
If I could find out 100% exactly would peices were used I would do it. Been chasing this Info for months after I did the 2.5 o/r. Pipe and mac catback I was disappointed it wasnt that specific tone...it sounds good but I want that darn sound theres a local guy selling some mac long tube headers brand new if that car had headers and happen to be those I would grab them for sure

Goocher0310th

Established Member
That is a nice deep throaty sound, we sure it's an X pipe? I thought an H gave a deeper throatier sound? That does sound frickin awesome!

04Struck

Established Member
That is a nice deep throaty sound, we sure it's an X pipe? I thought an H gave a deeper throatier sound? That does sound frickin awesome!
That's where the confusion comes in lol hard to tell if its becuase of the long tubes if it has some stock headers with o/r h pipe

cobracide

Established Member
H pipe with stock headers

Some mix of stock headers / longtubes / offroad H / catted H

Get a catted H and go from there. Offroad are pretty loud and can be a real pain in the A nowadays. If it's still not aggressive enough you can always add longtubes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, it had Kooks long tube headers, and I believe it had a Mac catback, and high-flow catted X-pipe (brand unknown).

Call Mustang Magic in Long Island and ask for Joe Negri. That was his Cobra (Snake Bite). He can probably give you the exact exhaust configuration. 631-254-3430.

In case you don't already know, it had a 2.2 Kenne Bell charger. Hence the loud whine.

04Struck

Established Member
Yes, it had Kooks long tube headers, and I believe it had a Mac catback, and high-flow catted X-pipe (brand unknown).

Call Mustang Magic in Long Island and ask for Joe Negri. That was his Cobra (Snake Bite). He can probably give you the exact exhaust configuration. 631-254-3430.

In case you don't already know, it had a 2.2 Kenne Bell charger. Hence the loud whine.

Awesome information I thought they were 2 completely different cars though. Maybe the video I have posted is when that car had a ported eaton because the kenne bell on this video has a different higher pitched whine.

04Struck

Established Member

I emailed and called last Thursday but was told he was busy and they would get back to me via email. We shall see if they respond.

bull_dog190

Established Member
I emailed and called last Thursday but was told he was busy and they would get back to me via email. We shall see if they respond.
Any luck?

To me it always sounded like o/r H with flowmasters. It has that very flowmaster sound when the car first starts.

04Struck

Established Member
Any luck?

To me it always sounded like o/r H with flowmasters. It has that very flowmaster sound when the car first starts.
No sir, i ran vrs off road x pipe connected to 3" Mac catback but I don't think it's the same same tone it's good but not the same I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread