One of my AC knob lights are out

hilo

Established Member
Can anyone coach me or direct me to somewhere that will tell me how to fix it? The knob light that controls the AC air speed (left knob) is out and I'd like to know if I would able to fix this myself as I'd really like to avoid any labor fees. Thanks.

A_Law

Established Member
most likely just a bad fuse. It should tell you which one it is in your owners manual, then just replace it. Mine has been out in the past, fixed it. Now all three are out but im too damn lazy to get around to fixing it.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
most likely just a bad fuse. It should tell you which one it is in your owners manual, then just replace it. Mine has been out in the past, fixed it. Now all three are out but im too damn lazy to get around to fixing it.

Wouldn't one fuse control all of the lights in the dash? I'd say a blown bulb is more likely. OP, I have not done this, but I would imagine it's as simple as removing the trim pieces around the center of the dash, removing the a/c switch panel and r/r the bulb. I'm in Concord if you need a hand, gimme PM and we'll fix it up.

hilo

Established Member
Well, the light isn't completely out, it's just real real dim. I may take you up on that offer unforgiven, let me see what I can find out about it. I really don't feel like paying for labor at Hilbish or Young Ford for a little light bulb.

venumissvt

Established Member
Wouldn't one fuse control all of the lights in the dash? I'd say a blown bulb is more likely. OP, I have not done this, but I would imagine it's as simple as removing the trim pieces around the center of the dash, removing the a/c switch panel and r/r the bulb. I'm in Concord if you need a hand, gimme PM and we'll fix it up.

its about that easy:thumbsup:

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Well, the light isn't completely out, it's just real real dim. I may take you up on that offer unforgiven, let me see what I can find out about it. I really don't feel like paying for labor at Hilbish or Young Ford for a little light bulb.

I'm guessing the little light you see is bleeding from one of the working bulbs. I agree that it shouldn't be too difficult to replace as long as you can get the control module out far enough w/o unhooking a bunch of stuff. Good luck!

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
It is very easy to replace that bulb. it's the same bulbs that are used for your rear licens plates. just take off the radio bezel, there are two screws that hold the ac plate in, then twist and remove bulb socke from behind and replace the bulb. Should take no longer than 10 min

Users who are viewing this thread