One wheel peel

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Took it to the track last night to see how it does over here in Tx. - noticed very poor traction even though the track was prepped pretty good. Got back in the pits and saw rubber on the driver's side, but none on the passenger side...............uh oh. Went back up to the line and when I did my burnout - only the driver's side is spinning - so now it's time for either a rebuild or go ahead and put in the DTT. Still weighing my options............it worked perfectly the last time I had it to the track over in La.

Thing that is strange to me is that every other limited slip I've ever had wear out, the passenger side is the side that keeps the power.......this one just has to be different.

Also noticed that my boost was falling off - black dust on the blower snout, but I've got the idler kit to fix that.

Bird

Last edited:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Sounds like you already got it planned out. Sucks that the diff had to go. But just an excuse to up grade. lol

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Im in the same boat you are. My passenger side is the one that spins. Will be upgrading to a TT. Im not very big on rebuilding the limited slip.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
You need this.
lightning001.jpg

and this.
TrueTrac006.gif

Thats the next mod going in mine. It should be going in this month...

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Yep - said to heck with it and ordered a DTT from LFP just a couple of minutes ago - no use wasting money rebuilding the trac-loc and then having to do it again later on.

Bird

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
DTT here also. Warning though, it's a gorgeous piece of metal and you may have a hard time installing something that beautiful.:lol:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
DTT here also. Warning though, it's a gorgeous piece of metal and you may have a hard time installing something that beautiful.:lol:

denali_on_26's

I have a traction problem
Established Member
BlkLightning2K said:
is the dtt the one that ratchets when you go around corners?

No..... that is the detriot locker it is a full lock... f'n awsome in a straight line but is not streetable IMO!!!!

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
denali_on_26's said:
No..... that is the detriot locker it is a full lock... f'n awsome in a straight line but is not streetable IMO!!!!

gotcha.

why not stick with the one wheel peel OP, then you could fit in with all the ricers in your town, lol.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
SWThomas said:

hahahahah that's great & i was thinking the same thing.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
denali_on_26's said:

it is streetable, just not as user friendly on the street as a tru trac is.

Users who are viewing this thread