OnePlus 7 Pro

roadracer247

Established Member
OnePlus 7 Pro- OnePlus.com

Anyone considering this phone? I’d be buying it outright unlocked to use on Verizon. I like what I’ve heard and read about it. For $749 I can get it with 12 GB RAM + 256 GB Storage. The screen looks incredible. Fast charging. Just seems like a hell of a deal compared with it’s competition which has gone a bit nuts IMHO with their prices.

Blown 89

Established Member
I considered it but it a) doesn't have a headphone jack and b) the camera has some issues they need to address first. I really like the direction they're going with the phone and I hope some of the features make their way into future generation phones.

I just ended up with the G8 and it's a fantastic phone. The camera is really good too....especially with a Gcam port.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
I'm very pleased with Oneplus. Had their 1 when it first came out and been using their 3T for the last few years. Will definitely buy from them again.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I considered it but it a) doesn't have a headphone jack and b) the camera has some issues they need to address first. I really like the direction they're going with the phone and I hope some of the features make their way into future generation phones.

I just ended up with the G8 and it's a fantastic phone. The camera is really good too....especially with a Gcam port.

You need wireless earbuds. Having said that, I use a Note 9 and although it has a jack, I have never plugged into it. The thing I look for is expandable storage. With my micro SD card, I have 1TB or storage on my Note.

Blown 89

Established Member
You need wireless earbuds. Having said that, I use a Note 9 and although it has a jack, I have never plugged into it. The thing I look for is expandable storage. With my micro SD card, I have 1TB or storage on my Note.
I have two wireless headphones and an aptx-hd receiver. The problem is that wireless headphones can't hold a candle to even mediocre wired headphones. On top of that latency makes them impractical for video consumption and they tend to run out of juice at inopportune times.

Unlike other phones the G8 also has the power to drive some of my electrostatic headphones.

Having a headphone jack doesn't mean I can't use Bluetooth, it's just another, and quite frankly far superior, alternative of media consumption should I need it. Not to mention the accessory support a 3.5mm jack adds for things like credit card readers.

I'm really tempted to pick up a One Plus this generation. I'm waiting for ised phones to hit swappa and I'll likely give one a go for a while. There aren't any perfect phones on the market but the One Plus and the G8 come very close.

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I use the jack on my Note9 with the 2 pairs of Note7 headphones (I got in the fiasco) that I use in the yard. 1TB of storage and 6gb of ram with a stylus is fantastic, especially when I use it to remote into computers and servers when out and about. Probably wont get a 10 unless something happened to my 9

Users who are viewing this thread