opinions on the best exhaust set up

snakebitten2001

Established Member
hey guys I have an 01 cobra, ive been wanting to upgrade the exhaust for a while now but its so hard to decide what to get. my question is mainly on mid pipes, I heard the x pipes are raspy and don't really sound too well which do you guys prefer the sound of the O/R x or O/R h pipe also how much quitter is the H pipe compared to the X pipe and which brand are you running on your stang? thanks for the help

FORDboy357

Established Member
I've got a BBK off-road X-pipe and FRPP M58 catback on my IRS swap Bullitt. I think it sounds fantastic. No rasp at all. Rasp comes from echoes within the exhaust. H-pipes and chambered mufflers are raspy as hell.

ShiftinGT

Established Member
I got an 00 GT with UPR x pipe and stock catback pipe with Pypes m80 welded in. I think it sounds great. Lot less drone than the flowmaster 40's it had in it before. General rule is that Straight through mufflers sound better with x pipes and chambered mufflers sound better with H pipes.

This setup is really quiet inside even at like 5k RPM, but it screams outside.

snakebitten2001

Established Member
I ended up going with the bassani o/r x there wasn't too many options for the cobra but I looked at a lot of videos and thought this sounded the best I'll let you know how I like it thanks for the input guys

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
I have magnaflow tru-x midpipe with a bassani cat-back and I love it! I have a built 2003 motor in my 1998 GT running this set-up.

KingKo8y

Established Member
I had a BBK H-pipe and now have a Bassani X-pipe. I prefer the X-pipe and don't forget you "tune" your exhaust with the mufflers also.

Users who are viewing this thread