Opinions on what to do regarding car wanted!

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Okay here is the situation, I have my 03 apart right now being made into something I don't know if I can consider it a 03 anymore it started out simple as a computer swap and has turned into a full blown insane quasi-03 cobra! Lots of boost, Solid axle, auto, etc.

What I want is peoples opinions on whether or not I should go out and buy a 03 vert? I really want one but have a hard time making decisions. some would say why not put my car back to a 03, well as far as it is already along, it would cost more to put it back to normal or somewhat normal than buying a vert. so all opinions and ideas are wanted!:)

jasil

Established Member
I would go buy the vert. I know it wasn't planned out that you would be cutting your 03' into little pieces, but when you start swapping out that much stuff it's cheaper to buy a gt and do it.

Built block
Auto trans
solid rear
new blower
Fuel etc
Clutch

It't not even a 03' just a built mustang. You could do it cheaper buying Gt...

03blackCOBRA

Civil PE
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobraclone
hey man if you have the money, you only live once!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What he said!

Get the vert if you have the money, do the minor standard mods, and leave it at that. Then you still have the MAJOR tweaked car for the track/street fun.

I have seen others mod to the point where the car morphs into a decent drag/road race car but is no longer a good street car. If you want a REAL drag/road race car, then starting with an 03 is a bad choice (go body in white).

Just my 2 cents.......

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I agree wasn't a cheap way to start, but it has so many strong points with a 03!

I already have the HD making 400/500 to the tires!:)

Thanks for your input

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Matt, I would also get the Vert. Can you refrain from all-out modding? $hit, I don't even know why I asked that ? Get a COMP Orange, might as well be different.....

nj7703

Established Member
I have a vert and i love it. This weekend it is supposed to hit 70. This 1st really warm sunny day, after a long cold winter, there is NOTHING like putting the top down, and just cruising around, especially on a warm night. You have the coupe for racing, do a few mods to the vert, and enjoy what it offers. I for one can't wait to hear the stingers with the tops down. :coolman:

trey193

Established Member
Iggy U know what I think, get the vert so we can actually talk combos and compare cars again, your combo now is over the top and its like U have a race car and not an 03 like Cain and I, get yourself the vert and get back at it !!!:) Ring me!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Big Single Turbo
Built Bottom end
Cams
Transbrake maybe a powerglide
Good Tuning alternative.. "your on the way"

I figure this combo will make in excess of 800-1000whp at least in the hands of the right person and run some single digit slips @ 150+ MPH.

I think you have went past the streetcar portion...why not just finish what youve started and get rowdy with it???

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
So I dont get it, are you still planning on going though with your 03 Cobra project? and just want another Cobra?

OR are you debating selling the current Mustang(once a Cobra) and just getting a Vert?

If I were you i would finsih what you are building, because you wont be able to put it back to stock easy, and you will lose selling it the way it is, also you already have a Harley Truck? Why do you need another car? Finish what you are building, keep the Harley and the Beater. Unless you have money that you dont know what to do with, then i would buy the Vert, but you still have to figure all the expenses on your current project, which seems to be like 10k plus.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I think you have went past the streetcar portion...why not just finish what youve started and get rowdy with it???

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Keep us posted.

auer

Established Member
iggy just buy the dam vert, that way you can take your time with the hardtop and do it the right way. that way we can have some fun here in the fort at night. trade in the P.O.S. and there you go. i will be back this weekend so we are going to take the truck out and kick some silver z06 A$%

Rwick7

Established Member
It't not even a 03' just a built mustang.

A 03 is a built Mustang :bash:

They made 13000 of them people it's not anything special.

Cut that bitch up and lets go racing :beer:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Thanks Randy!

What about the idea of ordering a 06 vette vert and toying around with that, what do ya think about that Trey, or Auer
(its okay were all boyz)

Topless I may consider it just need to think about what motor I would throw in your car maybee a 5.4 or a stroked out 4.6 to a 5.0 give me a month to think about that one that is a possibility, I'll call ya tomorrow and pick your brain!:)

hj16

Established Member
Matt, your car is already stupid rowdy. Considering it makes just about every other 03 in existance look like kids play. Id say finish it like you planned, and buy a 99/01 or 03 Vert and TRY to keep it a street car.

Hank

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
buy Matt's 01 so he can get an 03 vert! His 01 is a good car to drive while your 03 is under the knife

Rwick7

Established Member
Matt, your car is already stupid rowdy. Considering it makes just about every other 03 in existance look like kids play.

:rollseyes :lol:

stupid rowdy?

You have got to be kidding me :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread