Opinions wanted about my combo

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm thinking of making some changes to my car. I have a 1992 fox coupe with a coyote swap. The current combo is as follows. Boss 302 base motor with lightly ported livernois heads. They spec'd basically a comp stg 1 blower cam for this motor, and the guy I got it from installed the limiters. I believe they are like a 220/227 duration @.050. It has billet oil pump gears and a billet crank sprocket. Up top it currently has the stock GT intake manifold and TB. BBK 1 3/4 primary headers with 3" exhaust all the way back. The car runs good, making 447/407. We tried the boss manifold when I got it tuned, and it only made a peak of 446/386. It was down pretty much the most of the curve, then flattened out above 6700 rpm as expected. Also need to mention it has an aluminum flywheel.

Now I'm thinking of switching the flywheel to billet steel. The only reason for this, is because I'm hoping the extra weight will help the driveability. Car is kinda a pain and wants to stall from take off. I have a T56 with 3.73 gears. Will that extra weight hurt overall performance?

The other things I have in mind is to remove the cam limiters, and go with the cobra jet setup. What is your opinions on that? Will it be worth it or not? Or is that alot of work for minimal gains? If there is any other details I forgot about please chime in. Thanks for the input in advance!

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I don't have any experience with the coyotes w/ sticks, but I used to race a fox body 5speed car. The aluminum flywheel takes some getting used to, but it helps hooking up at the track a lot easier & recovers quickly on the shifts. I could see running steel in a heavier car, but your fox body is probably better off with aluminum...

redline5.0

Established Member
I'm running a aluminum flywheel with the rxt twin disc, cj setup on e85 and have no issues at all with driveability on my aed tune, tried another tune and it wasn't so great.

Users who are viewing this thread