• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Opportunity Cost | What Did We Miss-Out-On Because of the GT350's FPC 5.2L VooDoo V8?

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Oct 23, 2018.

1. IamRacerX

IamRacerX No brand loyalty rhetoric here. Established Member

I got the email too.. or I surely would have missed it!

I also always wondered what made Ford go to the FPC to begin with. Being a Boss 302 owner since day one, the Coyote can be a fun rev happy car. In fact the Roadrunner and the Voodoo both make peak power at the same 7500 rpm... not many remember that. Imo Ford could have built on the Coyote/roadrunner platform and done more with it, but the FPC is unique!!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  2. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

Glad the newsletter help you guys out. We're going to try to send them out more often.

jvandy50 likes this.
  3. 9secondko

9secondko 9secondko Established Member

Interesting information. But I believe that there were lessons Ford learned from this project that we are now beginning to witness and that will benefit drivetrain development in the long run. These lessons would not have been learned had the 5.2 not been FPC. The lengths gone to in order to make a mark would not have been justifiable otherwise. As it is, the Voodoo is quite the screamer. No complaints at all.

Now if only Ford would invest in an EcoBoost V8 the way they have with the lesser engines...