Order pulled, have my VIN#!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe a car Dealer? They have all the $$$ The kid in the video has No worries in the world! More power to him.. And the hood insert needs to be carbon fiber!
If only that were the case! At <3% margin and millions a year in overhead, it's a tough gig.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Things have changed in the car business over the years. It was nice when you could make 10k on a used S Class.
Absolutely! Those days are over. With every day, the profit margin gets compounded.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Absolutely! Those days are over. With every day, the profit margin gets compounded.

Used car market has for sure changed now vs 10-15 years ago when I first started out. In my area it seems everyone is a car dealer, results in driving costs up then need to factor in every vehicle that has been traded in needs something, either body or mechanical work. Making $4k+ on used cars is over, be lucky to make $2k, average more or less $1k after adding in many other costs besides repairs. Advertising costs gone up, detailing costs and much more!

Snoopy49

Established Member
I don't like the execution but I do like the latest snake logo.

The early prototype blowers had a cast-in Cobra - that I really like. For whatever reason Ford ditched that and went with a thin aluminum plate and a sticker - that I really don't like. I like the idea of using that location to showcase the blower/engine in much better detail. And I like the idea of being able to do custom vectors/colors.

I wonder if they decided to go with the plate because they were thinking about FP retail sales in the future? It's cheaper to make a plate as opposed to a different casting.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I wonder if they decided to go with the plate because they were thinking about FP retail sales in the future? It's cheaper to make a plate as opposed to a different casting.
FP has no clue with this one. The only way they'd end up selling them is if they pay someone like George to do it for them.

An anodized cover with the Cobra emblem etched would be interesting. Are you reading this George? @MGW

He already knows. We've discussed this one for over a year now.

I think you'll see quite a few doing a resonator delete, FP oil separator, and different wheels/tires right off the bat.

Snoopy49

Established Member
@Tob
FP has no clue with this one. The only way they'd end up selling them is if they pay someone like George to do it for them.

I was referring to retail sales of the Super Charger.

I think you'll see quite a few doing a resonator delete, FP oil separator, and different wheels/tires right off the bat.

When you say resonator are you talking intake or exhaust? I haven't read anything that refers to the airbox as a resonator, but I haven't read everything.
If your talking about exhaust, does this car have exhaust resonators? If it does, without resonators this beast is going to set off car and home alarms in track mode.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
@Tob

Put me on the list for the FP oil separator, hope it is for sale before car delivery. This is one of my first planned mods.
I wonder who makes the lightest street wheels for the car?

Last edited:

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
If only that were the case! At <3% margin and millions a year in overhead, it's a tough gig.

Things have changed in the car business over the years. It was nice when you could make 10k on a used S Class.

Used car market has for sure changed now vs 10-15 years ago when I first started out. In my area it seems everyone is a car dealer, results in driving costs up then need to factor in every vehicle that has been traded in needs something, either body or mechanical work. Making $4k+ on used cars is over, be lucky to make $2k, average more or less $1k after adding in many other costs besides repairs. Advertising costs gone up, detailing costs and much more!

If have to say the consumer has gotten immensely smarter as well. My first car in 03 was bought at my local dealer cause they treated my family good.

Next time I bought 3 years later.,....nope realized how bad they screwed me over. Market research is a click away now. Auction results are posted publicly, you can see the price of 50 dealers in 10 minutes. Not to mention get accurate trade in value without leaving your house.

Last couple vehicles I bought had four dealers going for prices in one day.

Had best offer by 3oclock. Didn’t see a price that low again until the model year end clearout, and one demo.

Consumer used to just buy from the local guy. Now the local guy will ship to almost anywhere to get the deal done.

Times have changed indeed.

Sent from my POFS iPhone in a rage cause this is the third try.

LostM

Established Member
Just got my Build DAY

"In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Sep-23-2019) Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI Aug-19-2019, 10:26 EDT"

Users who are viewing this thread