ORDERD ME A 2020 EXPLORER ST

ccarloss

Established Member
I picked up a Magnetic with Performance Pack a couple of weeks ago. Not a huge fan with the look of the tablet but starting to get used to it. I reallly like the vehicle overall.

beST_1

Just purchased a Star White Explorer ST with the ST Street Pack, Premium Tech, and Pano roof...vehicle should ship from the out of state dealer within the next few days...

Terrencemitch88

Established Member
Just purchased a Star White Explorer ST with the ST Street Pack, Premium Tech, and Pano roof...vehicle should ship from the out of state dealer within the next few days...
I bought the same unit for the wife she has about 4000kms on it as of right now, I drive it time and time I really enjoy it when I do I must say. It looks nice and can haul the kids around pretty good. Only thing I really didn’t like at first was the big screen but after awhile it just grows on you, but other then that it’s a pretty sweet suv.

Attachments

• 6E4E939A-649F-43FF-95D2-D9494E68C013.jpeg
    6E4E939A-649F-43FF-95D2-D9494E68C013.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 355

Cobraonr

Established Member
We have the Explorer ST in Rich Copper Brown with the ST Street Pack, Premium Tech, and Pano roof at 9000 miles now. I wonder how the exhaust upgrades you guys are installing will sound with the audio exhaust sounds are coming through the speakers when in Sport mode?
Throttle drive by wire is twitchy and takes a little getting use to. Have not towed much yet. Last week the battery died, 100% dead. This vehicle is constantly making noise sitting there in the garage... I had a reminder from Fordpass remote features will be disabled due to low battery, but it was dead the following day. Shut-in for corona-19 taking its toll.
Sport mode is fun and tow haul is just as good-keeping the trans in gears longer.
It's a bit small for us, but it was less then the Expedition Max Platinum.

qachargh

Established Member
Wife and I just started shopping for an ST. Dealers down here have plenty of time to play games these days so it's been going slow.

I'm also pretty interested to find out how the Borla systems sound. When I test drive one the other day I was surprised it didn't have the typical V6 yowl. Kinda makes me suspicious any alteration of the factory setup would make it drone like crazy.

qachargh

Established Member
And a day later we picked up a DSG street pack ST. My wife is stoked so one mission accomplished.

I really don't have an issue with the screen since I sit high enough it doesn't impinge my view over the hood. But in the back of my mind I can't help but worry one day I'll smack it too hard and it will just break off backwards.

qachargh

Established Member
Seems like the 1-2 is a bit clunky on its own. But it's smooth once you get moving. I've only driven it once and didn't have the opportunity to lean on it at all.

I do have to say the engine note isn't bad at all. Really makes me curious about the S-type Borla system.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you ever drive an pre-2019 Edge Sport? If you did, you'll really appreciate how much better the new auto is in the ST. I hated the auto in my '16 Edge Sport. Very sloppy shifts.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
PBD got them going low 12's amazing! My Buddys Mercedes E55 was a low 12 second car and it was a blast on the street!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Seems like the 1-2 is a bit clunky on its own. But it's smooth once you get moving. I've only driven it once and didn't have the opportunity to lean on it at all.

I do have to say the engine note isn't bad at all. Really makes me curious about the S-type Borla system.
The new transmissions take a while to learn your driving habits. The 10 speed in my 150 was quirky at first, but all good now. I love to watch the tach just drop a little in between shifts.

qachargh

Established Member
I drove it a little more the other day in sport mode. The trans really responds once you get deeper in the throttle. I was shifting it myself while moving through regular traffic and the shifts were pretty slow. But once I had a chance to dip into it the shifts happened as soon as I hit the paddle. Its surprisingly fun to keep clicking through the gears.

I'm trying to plan how to go about getting that PBD tune installed without somebody noticing. And really I hope JLT has an intake coming.

Kinda curious about the mechanical differences between the 10R60 versus the 10R80. Seems like you would want to at least use the same case for economy of scale.

I've never driven a Ford SUV other than my '19 Explorer for work. Stick it in L and it will at least hold gears until redline and downshift pretty hard.

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
We have an Atlas Blue ST. No issues so far. The Facebook groups are full of people with all kinds of problems. We will enjoy it stock for awhile. Only mod will probably be an oil catch can. Ford is looking for any reason possible to void the warranty

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
We have an Atlas Blue ST. No issues so far. The Facebook groups are full of people with all kinds of problems. We will enjoy it stock for awhile. Only mod will probably be an oil catch can. Ford is looking for any reason possible to void the warranty
Wow, really??
What types of issues are people reporting?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have to admit these look pretty dope! They are a NIGHT and DAY difference from the previous design which was gay and looked like a soccer mom mini-van! I agree with Bob a tune from PBD would be my first mod.

Users who are viewing this thread