Ordered an MT82 shifter

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
I ordered an MGW shifter, X-spec and new shift knob too.

Anyone have any tips for installation that aren't covered in their install video? Anything else I should buy an install at the same time?

If I don't have access to a lift how much will this job suck to to on jack stands?

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
Installed the MGW shifter the other day. Took 4 hours on a drive up lift, 45 minutes to remove one bolt or it would have been done a lot sooner. I also added a Whiteline polyurethane transmission mount insert while I was there.

I am extremely happy with the finished product. I'll check everything in a week or so after I put some miles on it.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Installed the MGW shifter the other day. Took 4 hours on a drive up lift, 45 minutes to remove one bolt or it would have been done a lot sooner. I also added a Whiteline polyurethane transmission mount insert while I was there.

I am extremely happy with the finished product. I'll check everything in a week or so after I put some miles on it.
Which bolt gave ya trouble?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Was it your lift? A friend's? Time wise, that wasn't bad at all. You're going to love the MGW shifter on your MT82. Huge difference.

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
Was it your lift? A friend's? Time wise, that wasn't bad at all. You're going to love the MGW shifter on your MT82. Huge difference.
A new acquaintance, my parents joined the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks and a fellow member had a lift in his garage. Great guy, saw him at the Boulder City car show today.

He has a tri 5 Chevy Nomad wagon, a super clean cruiser.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A new acquaintance, my parents joined the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks and a fellow member had a lift in his garage. Great guy, saw him at the Boulder City car show today.

He has a tri 5 Chevy Nomad wagon, a super clean cruiser.

I always liked Nomads. That one bolt is a pain. After you've done it a few times it gets easier. You could probably do a second one in half the time now.

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
I always liked Nomads. That one bolt is a pain. After you've done it a few times it gets easier. You could probably do a second one in half the time now.
I'll get pictures and details on the Nomad this week. I want to go back on the lift and check every bolt and eyeball everything to make sure it is okay.

Users who are viewing this thread