Ordering Brakes and MGW

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
I can't comment on the Hawk pads. Like you, I was sick of the dusty stock parts. I bought a set of Porterfields straight from the company and they're much better with respect to dust. They fit like stock pads. I can't comment on how they really perform because I've never put them to the test. They will pull the car down from Mexico freeway speeds without a problem....but so did the stock pads.

So, count me as another vote for the Porterfields. I'm happy with them. I think I paid $170 for them or something like that.

03SonicStang

Established Member
I can't comment on the Hawk pads. Like you, I was sick of the dusty stock parts. I bought a set of Porterfields straight from the company and they're much better with respect to dust. They fit like stock pads. I can't comment on how they really perform because I've never put them to the test. They will pull the car down from Mexico freeway speeds without a problem....but so did the stock pads.

So, count me as another vote for the Porterfields. I'm happy with them. I think I paid $170 for them or something like that.

Definitely going with Porterfield for the fronts after reading the reviews and recommendations. Now what to do for the rears? Doesn't look like Poterfield make rear R4-S pads.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread