Ordering My 2019 Genesis G70 3.3T Today

jshen

Established Member
I love the G70 ! You made a good choice. As for resale value- I believe the Genesis brand holds is value and is certainly something I would buy. In the meantime I am driving around in 2004 Lexus that has only 40k miles..It has very little resale value at this point.

How is the trunk space in the G and does the rear seats fold down?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love the G70 ! You made a good choice. As for resale value- I believe the Genesis brand holds is value and is certainly something I would buy. In the meantime I am driving around in 2004 Lexus that has only 40k miles..It has very little resale value at this point.

How is the trunk space in the G and does the rear seats fold down?
The trunk isn't huge, but the rear seats do fold down. Maybe slightly below average size trunk I think I read.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Wrong? Please explain.
Whats to explain?

Iron snake stated it earlier in this thread.

The "Hyundai/Kia" name has a long way to go before the stench of "cheap dogshit vehicle" is shaken off of it. Most people literally have no idea that a 'performance' line exists within the aforementioned brands, and it will stay that way for some time.

Honda/Toyota until the 90's is a perfect example of this.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@VenomVeins, Hyundai/Kia/Genesis have shed that "stench". What do you mean by "performance line"? If you're referring to the Genesis line, Hyundai does not have a "performance" line. They DO have a luxury line (Genesis) that has a performance model, the G-70. Kia doesn't have a "performance" line but they DO have a performance model, the Stinger. Do you really think that people don't know that a Kia Stinger is a performance model? o_O

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Whats to explain?

Iron snake stated it earlier in this thread.

The "Hyundai/Kia" name has a long way to go before the stench of "cheap dogshit vehicle" is shaken off of it. Most people literally have no idea that a 'performance' line exists within the aforementioned brands, and it will stay that way for some time.

You are waaaay behind the times.

VenomVeins

Established Member
You are waaaay behind the times.
This may be true.

I’ll full on admit that my friends and family have Toyota/Lexus, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Infinity, and the Chevy/Cadillac brands.

I’ve known 3 people who have had a hyundai and kia. The kia is a newer model that is ok (the hamster commercial box sled in red) but nothing special, and the 2 with hyundai’s had nothing but issues-but those were 2010 and 2012 models. The hyundai’s from my high school and college years (1990-1998) were literal rolling garbage on par with Yugo’s. Not kidding.

So yeah, my sample size is small due to the fact that almost nobody i know is willing to even look at one as an option-and the few that did had issues, save for the kia.

I do like the look of the ride you purchased, Bob.

VenomVeins

Established Member
@VenomVeins Do you really think that people don't know that a Kia Stinger is a performance model? o_O

No, they dont. At all.

In fact, i work directly with college graduates and old school car guys and zero ****s are given about Kia or Hyundai.

During downtime car talk, the younger guys want ‘Godzilla’ or a Tesla model S (especially now that a used model S can be had for under 30,000) as far as pure speed is concerned. Vette’s and Shelbys are in that mix too. For ‘budget’ speed, the younger guys ALL talk about the WRX, BMW 128, and Miata. LS swapped always enters the conversation too.

Congrats on the purchase, Bob-it does look great and sounds like a great performer.

I do enjoy talking cars and appreciate you indulging me with that in this thread.

Last edited:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
we put 98k miles on a 2012 kia. Zero complaints about the car. Bought another one and plan to do the same thing with it.

jshen

Established Member
Best car warranty in the business- family members bought Kia SUv and Hyundai SUV...both no issues and again great warranty

Kiohtee

Established Member
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Hyundai/Kia myself. The wife and I had no issues from her Soul, my MIL has owned two generations of the Sorento with no problems and one of my sisters currently owns three Kia sedans, again with no issues.

The Genesis line looks good and actually created panic for the Audi/BMW/Infinity/Volvo/etc. brands.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This may be true.

I’ll full on admit that my friends and family have Toyota/Lexus, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Infinity, and the Chevy/Cadillac brands.

I’ve known 3 people who have had a hyundai and kia. The kia is a newer model that is ok (the hamster commercial box sled in red) but nothing special, and the 2 with hyundai’s had nothing but issues-but those were 2010 and 2012 models. The hyundai’s from my high school and college years (1990-1998) were literal rolling garbage on par with Yugo’s. Not kidding.

So yeah, my sample size is small due to the fact that almost nobody i know is willing to even look at one as an option-and the few that did had issues, save for the kia.

I do like the look of the ride you purchased, Bob.
Thanks. I have to admit I wasn't this excited about ordering a new car since my '03 Cobra. I post some pics when I take delivery.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
@VenomVeins, Hyundai/Kia/Genesis have shed that "stench". What do you mean by "performance line"? If you're referring to the Genesis line, Hyundai does not have a "performance" line. They DO have a luxury line (Genesis) that has a performance model, the G-70. Kia doesn't have a "performance" line but they DO have a performance model, the Stinger. Do you really think that people don't know that a Kia Stinger is a performance model? o_O

Hyundai now has the "N" line cars which is their new performance line that will compete closely with Ford's ST cars.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Hyundai now has the "N" line cars which is their new performance line that will competely decimate Ford's ST cars.

FTFY....Ford has nothing to compete with the Veloster N. They tucked tail and left the US. The N cars are going to be a hit here in the states. Hyundai is doing everything they can to ensure that.

If they bring the Elantra N(i30N overseas) here to the US i will be the first in line.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hyundai now has the "N" line cars which is their new performance line that will compete closely with Ford's ST cars.
All of my comments have to do with the Hyundai/Genesis/Kia models presently offered in the U.S. It will be great when the 'N' line makes it here to the U.S.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Yep.

Go try and trade this car in shortly after buying it. You'll find out pretty quickly it's not worth crap, because other brands used lots put zero stock in Hyundai/Kia.

Also, I don't care how great they are/aren't, they are 100k mile vehicles. I have never seen a vehicle engineered to go 100k, then start breaking, like it was in the plans. I'm not alone in this either. Most everyone who love Hyundai/Kia talk about it being great, but they just so happen to sell at 100k.

Keep it from 100-200k, you'll replace everything. Wifes elantra hit 100k and it was like a bomb went off. All the coils, visor literally fell off, USB port shit the bed, paint is flaking off now, and more.

Stanger00

Established Member
This car looks way better and basically has the same power plant as the Stinger.

Yep.

Go try and trade this car in shortly after buying it. You'll find out pretty quickly it's not worth crap, because other brands used lots put zero stock in Hyundai/Kia.

Also, I don't care how great they are/aren't, they are 100k mile vehicles. I have never seen a vehicle engineered to go 100k, then start breaking, like it was in the plans. I'm not alone in this either. Most everyone who love Hyundai/Kia talk about it being great, but they just so happen to sell at 100k.

Keep it from 100-200k, you'll replace everything. Wifes elantra hit 100k and it was like a bomb went off. All the coils, visor literally fell off, USB port shit the bed, paint is flaking off now, and more.

The 100k mike warranty is non-transferable and could be an additional layer to why resale is terrible for Hyundai/Kia but not sure the same for Genesis.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
The only thing I am not a fan of is that crooked chrome, gill piece on the fender, everything else on the G70 is top notch, and can give anything Lexus or Infinity has in the same class a run for it's money.

Users who are viewing this thread