Ordering/purchasing new GT500

DAVID STOREY

Looking at possibly ordering a GT500 and was curious how the ordering/purchasing process went for you guys. I’ve seen some crazy mark ups on these cars and am not really willing to pay over sticker. Thanks!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Then pick up the phone and start calling dealers. Be prepared to be disappointed though as it is a bit late in the 2020 game.

Snoopy49

Established Member
There are a lot of dealer ordered cars that do not have VINs that can be configured anyway you want. The challenge is finding those dealers. The advantage to this is, the dealer may have ordered the car back in July or Aug and this would help getting a VIN faster. But you're still probably going to come up against an ADM.
Good luck on your hunt.

TT2V

Established Member
So if it is to late to order a 2020 what is the best way to be set up for success for ordering a 2021?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The 2020 500 is based on allocation. Just because a dealer has an allocation or one placed on order does not mean they have/will be getting theirs soon(first half of production year). Many dealers will be getting theirs or one of their allocation/s may through August of this year.

1. Find a dealer with allocation that has not been sold.
2. Find a dealer that will sell you their allocation at msrp.
3. Most dealers that have not sold their allocation is because they are asking too much for it.
4. Don’t be afraid of paying $1k-$2k above msrp as this is the price it takes dealers to receive the GT500 allocation. Most want that money back.
5. Ask about 21 allotment at msrp.
Good Luck

conceptmachine

Established Member
Shouldn't be any problem finding a base 2021 at MSRP or very close. Might be making a lot more without building the gt350.

I may order a '21 cftp after hearing the Z06 c8 is coming with a big FPC

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 2020 500 is based on allocation. Just because a dealer has an allocation or one placed on order does not mean they have/will be getting theirs soon(first half of production year). Many dealers will be getting theirs or one of their allocation/s may through August of this year.

1. Find a dealer with allocation that has not been sold.
2. Find a dealer that will sell you their allocation at msrp.
3. Most dealers that have not sold their allocation is because they are asking too much for it.
4. Don’t be afraid of paying $1k-$2k above msrp as this is the price it takes dealers to receive the GT500 allocation. Most want that money back.
5. Ask about 21 allotment at msrp.
Good Luck

This! Great info/advice for the OP.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

PM-Performance

Established Member
Looking at possibly ordering a GT500 and was curious how the ordering/purchasing process went for you guys. I’ve seen some crazy mark ups on these cars and am not really willing to pay over sticker. Thanks!

If you are looking to pay close to sticker and don't mind one already sitting on a lot, PA seems to be selling them for pretty close to Sticker if not at sticker.
Check within like 100 miles of 19510. I saw a Maroon one in Lebanon go with 0 markup a couple weeks ago

fearthesnake

Established Member
that was October last year. A lot has changed since then, including tanking 350 sales. I'm not an insider tho, I just take it on good word from a fella on G6 who spoke to one.
Resale/Used prices are tanking as well.

Alot of Lemon/Buyback used ones on the Market as well.

themik99

Established Member
I'm still trying to find a Golden Ticket allocation dealer with an allocation left, or even just a dealer who had an allocation this year and would be willing to take my name for next year. I've called well over 50 dealers now and finding dealers in the upper Midwest with golden ticket allocations is incredibly difficult. The only one I've talked to reasonably close to me wanted an ADM of $50k.

I'm willing to go wherever if the dealer is trustworthy, to negotiate price, and include my 14 GT500 as a trade in with the deal.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Just wondering when they will start the 2021 production? I can get one at MSRP from my local Dealer. Do they still change model years after the July shut down or is it later in the year.

cgouzoulis

SNARFSNARF
Established Member
Just wondering when they will start the 2021 production? I can get one at MSRP from my local Dealer. Do they still change model years after the July shut down or is it later in the year.
Great question. Would like to know when 2020 production actually is scheduled for shutdown too

Users who are viewing this thread