Our journey, buying a 67 fastback mustang

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I've been searching for a 67 fastback mustang for my wife for awhile. That's what she wants! I found this one and of course it has to be far away!

It's not in our possession yet. The car is coming from Canada. Talking with TFX international estimated arrival is 3-6 weeks. A lot of paperwork, but hope it's worth it.

The 67 has a restoration done and was originally a lime paint color. This is a A code with a C4. It has a lot of factory options and also some upgrades. Disc brakes, power steering and AC to name a few.
26046746-1967-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
26046576-1967-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
26046670-1967-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
26046659-1967-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
26046752-1967-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
26046723-1967-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
26046738-1967-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
26046637-1967-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
26046581-1967-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
26046587-1967-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

ToddW702

Established Member
Looks like a lot of fun. Congrats on the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That thing is sweet Brady! Man, you have all the cool Mustang's lol.

Your garagemahall is becoming a Mustang mecca like @Goose17.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
LoL thanks! I doubt I'll ever have a stable like Goose has! Your mustang is coming along nicely!
Looks like a lot of fun. Congrats on the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I hope so, thanks

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Very nice Brady! I always liked the 67’s. Someone spent mega-hours on this not just the restoration, but color changes are very involved.
It’ll look nice in the garage with the others.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You landed it! Congratulations Brady. That '67 looks perfect from what your wife wanted. She's gonna love it!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice Brady! I always liked the 67’s. Someone spent mega-hours on this not just the restoration, but color changes are very involved.
It’ll look nice in the garage with the others.
Thank you. I'll feel better once it's in our possession. No doubt it took a lot of work. Marti report shows it was a lime color. New door tag they added has a T for paint code candy apple red.

All original fenders. I have a lot more pictures.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You landed it! Congratulations Brady. That '67 looks perfect from what your wife wanted. She's gonna love it!! Did you already arrange the transportation?
Thanks Bob! The seller has made arrangements with TFX international. He's dealt with them before. There is a coolant leak at thermostat housing they are fixing first. And then he's bringing it to his detailer for a final go over.

We'll see how much this car gets driven lol.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
when I bought my first mustang, a used 67 coupe, I wasn't much of a fan of the fastbacks .. can't say I have changed much on that. but that is a very nice looking ride. hope it get to you without incident ... you guys will enjoy that for a long time

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
when I bought my first mustang, a used 67 coupe, I wasn't much of a fan of the fastbacks .. can't say I have changed much on that. but that is a very nice looking ride. hope it get to you without incident ... you guys will enjoy that for a long time
Thanks! I like both, but a lot more coupes around my area. Only seen a couple fastbacks.

I hope the whole transportation goes smoothly.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Bob! The seller has made arrangements with TFX international. He's dealt with them before. There is a coolant leak at thermostat housing they are fixing first. And then he's bringing it to his detailer for a final go over.

We'll see how much this car gets driven lol.

Driving to local shows/cruises for sure!!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Beautiful car OP! As much as I'd love to get a classic fastback Mustang, they're just too far out of my price range.

It's obvious from those pics that the 2010-2014 GT500 is heavily influenced by the 67-68 fastback. Probably why I love my car as much as I do.

Also, you picked the best color but I might be biased.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Fantastic! Congratulations on the score!
Thanks Goose!
Beautiful car OP! As much as I'd love to get a classic fastback Mustang, they're just too far out of my price range.

It's obvious from those pics that the 2010-2014 GT500 is heavily influenced by the 67-68 fastback. Probably why I love my car as much as I do.

Also, you picked the best color but I might be biased.
Thank you! I never thought we'd be getting a classic mustang. And I never thought it would be bright red!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Brady, that GT-500 is so nice it deserves additional space down here. :cool:

26046746-1967-ford-mustang-thumb-jpg.1707654

26046576-1967-ford-mustang-thumb-jpg.1707655

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks! I like both, but a lot more coupes around my area. Only seen a couple fastbacks.

I hope the whole transportation goes smoothly.

Fastbacks are definitely harder to find. I was watching Mecum Tulsa on Saturday and they had a good number of '60s Mustangs but the vast majority were non-Fastbacks. When I was hunting around last week for '67 Fastbacks, I think I found one other than the one you landed. You did well, sir!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Fastbacks are definitely harder to find. I was watching Mecum Tulsa on Saturday and they had a good number of '60s Mustangs but the vast majority were non-Fastbacks. When I was hunting around last week for '67 Fastbacks, I think I found one other than the one you landed. You did well, sir!
We watch Mecum all the time! I'd love to go to one someday. I agree, they are definitely harder to find. I have a friend who also has a 67 fastback. It's got a newer ford blue paint job and beefed up engine on E85.

We are excited about getting it. I just need to figure out how to arrange all of these in the shop. Definitely need a 4 post lift...

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
We watch Mecum all the time! I'd love to go to one someday. I agree, they are definitely harder to find. I have a friend who also has a 67 fastback. It's got a newer ford blue paint job and beefed up engine on E85.

We are excited about getting it. I just need to figure out how to arrange all of these in the shop. Definitely need a 4 post lift...

Garagemahall problems??? Wish I had them. Lmao!

One thing is for sure Brady you definitely will not lose money on that purchase. Fastbacks are always in demand.

Oh and thank you for your compliment on my build. I'm happy to know you've been checking it out from time to time my friend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread