out with the new and in with the old. (build thread)

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
awesome work! you dont mess around!! can't wait to see the end product, thanks for taking the time to document, it can be a pain in the ass somtimes just to stop here and there to take pics and such.

gonna go with a 427 windsor?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
You have quite a project underway but after watching the build on the 4.6 Cobra R intake I have no doubt it will look exactly like the movie car.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i saw an episode or rides that was talking about the company that actually makes the eleanor. they said the original one from the movie had 16" wheels, and a fake side exhaust. the company who makes them now does everything right and functional all the way to the side scoops really cooling the back brakes. how in detail are you going to go?

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
how are you doing the 67 gt550 tail lights? cutting them out and fitting the gt500 lights in?

i was talking to my wife about wanting to do this build when im older

id go with a 07 gt500 motor

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats! That is going to be a great looking '67 when you finished. Best of luck with the build. I love when cars like this are resurrected for the good of muscledom!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
i saw an episode or rides that was talking about the company that actually makes the eleanor. they said the original one from the movie had 16" wheels, and a fake side exhaust. the company who makes them now does everything right and functional all the way to the side scoops really cooling the back brakes. how in detail are you going to go?

If it is the one I am thinking of then they went completely bankrupt and screwed over a ton of people.

black 10th vert

Established Member
subbing to follow the progress - great build! You are doing everything right so far from the looks. I have done a ton of restorations/full builds in my life, and make the same mistake every time - never taking thw time to document the build with photos!:bash: Props to you for taking the time to do that, because once the car is all shiny, and new looking, most, if not all who look at it, won't have a clue about what it took to get there!:beer:

dads01dream

Established Member
True craftsman! I really admire your willingness to stick with the factory original fender & make it work..... If it were me, I would have probably just purchased another fender (heck, assuming they're even available?). Please keep posting your progress - Awesome build!!!

Users who are viewing this thread