Outdoor Bluetooth Speakers

rborden

Established Member
Can you guys recommend a pair of high quality bluetooth speakers for a front porch and back patio?

Budget $500 and under.

Is there something with removable batteries that can be taken inside to charge as there isn’t a continuous power source available? It’s an older farm style house in the country.

Thanks in advance.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
This...... Will blow u away how good it sounds. Check the reviews. I also have a Klipsch for my home entertainment system too and its the BEST bar ive ever owned. Klipsch is top notch and reasonably priced. The detail from those horns will astound u!

Can you guys recommend a pair of high quality bluetooth speakers for a front porch and back patio?

Budget $500 and under.

Is there something with removable batteries that can be taken inside to charge as there isn’t a continuous power source available? It’s an older farm style house in the country.

Thanks in advance.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sonos/endtread.

+1 with the boxer.

While we don't have outdoor rated speakers, we have a set of sonos speakers ($100 IKEA ones) that we have in the bedroom/dining room. I would imagine sonos has something that you could work with.

The app works pretty damn well, and it's nice to have them marry up to each other and play as if they were wired together/individually control noise level/change what each one is playing/etc.

I've found them to be "warm" sounding, which fits my preference. They aren't peaky at all.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
This is the specific speaker that fits your needs.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/move.html

I have the sonos five which is the best wireless speaker I’ve ever heard. I never buy anything audio video online. I have to hear/see it first in a store so see if there’s a store near you to listen before you buy anything.
The store I shop at carries all very high end equipment and they swear by anything Sonos.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Attachments

• 71EZ8-vC9HL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    71EZ8-vC9HL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 57

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I use a UE Boom 2. I think it works fantastically indoors or outdoors but I'm no expert. Can get them sub $200 which is the most I'd be willing to spend which is why it works perfectly for me.

CLN 6R

Established Member
+1 with the boxer.

While we don't have outdoor rated speakers, we have a set of sonos speakers ($100 IKEA ones) that we have in the bedroom/dining room. I would imagine sonos has something that you could work with.

The app works pretty damn well, and it's nice to have them marry up to each other and play as if they were wired together/individually control noise level/change what each one is playing/etc.

I've found them to be "warm" sounding, which fits my preference. They aren't peaky at all.
I have a Sonos Arc and Sonos sub in my living room. And LOVE it. I can’t believe the sound from just these two. I bought a roam back some weeks ago and it has surprisingly great sound too.
Once I get my basement finished I plan on running an Arc, 2 subs, and 2 5’s or 2 1’s as rears. Simple yet effective setup with no speaker wire and no head unit to mess with.

rborden

Established Member
This is the specific speaker that fits your needs.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/move.html

I have the sonos five which is the best wireless speaker I’ve ever heard. I never buy anything audio video online. I have to hear/see it first in a store so see if there’s a store near you to listen before you buy anything.
The store I shop at carries all very high end equipment and they swear by anything Sonos.

Thanks!

You guys know your stuff! Much appreciated.

MFE

Established Member
I got a Sonos Move for the back patio and pool, because I have a Sonos 3 in the kitchen and a Sonos 5 in the living room and I wanted to be able to transit in and out of the house and listen to the same music in all spaces. I cannot believe how such full, bass-rich sound can come from the size of a water jug. Not even the 5 projected lows like this thing does, and the best part is, it's portable. Heavy, but portable. And the battery life will take you from sober to fall over without failing.

rborden

Established Member
@BrunotheBoxer

What would you recommend for mounting options for those speakers? I’d like to put them up in the corners underneath the overhang, but noticed they don’t have any mounts built in.

Thanks

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
@BrunotheBoxer

What would you recommend for mounting options for those speakers? I’d like to put them up in the corners underneath the overhang, but noticed they don’t have any mounts built in.

Thanks
This looks perfect. Works with the sonos move battery charger too.

SANUS Indoor & Outdoor Mount Designed for Sonos Move Speaker -Save Shelf & Table Space-Weather Resistant - WSSMM1-B2 (Black)

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I got a Sonos Move for the back patio and pool, because I have a Sonos 3 in the kitchen and a Sonos 5 in the living room and I wanted to be able to transit in and out of the house and listen to the same music in all spaces. I cannot believe how such full, bass-rich sound can come from the size of a water jug. Not even the 5 projected lows like this thing does, and the best part is, it's portable. Heavy, but portable. And the battery life will take you from sober to fall over without failing.

Thanks for the post discussing the batteries. I never would have thought they were that portable.

Can anyone elaborate on battery charge time and use time?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Thanks for the post discussing the batteries. I never would have thought they were that portable.

Can anyone elaborate on battery charge time and use time?
Not sure of charge time but it says up to 11 hours on full charge. If you buy the sonos charging station you can listen while they are charging.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
And the battery life will take you from sober to fall over without failing.
Quite possibly the greatest/most appropriate time scale to compare the battery life of speakers I've ever heard. Well done, post of the day

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Good sound is all we are really missing at our off grid cabin/land. Generator runs at night to light up campsite, out buildings and charge up everyone's phones. The gen seldom runs during the day. I don't want to hear a gen during the day just good music. The idea of a untethered speaker both in power and signal connection is appealing.

rborden

Established Member
This looks perfect. Works with the sonos move battery charger too.

SANUS Indoor & Outdoor Mount Designed for Sonos Move Speaker -Save Shelf & Table Space-Weather Resistant - WSSMM1-B2 (Black)

Hmmm. The mounts look good. The charging capability won’t help much outside due to no power outlets. But maybe I can just keep those inside.

Thanks!

MFE

Established Member
BTW the Sonos Move comes with a charging base, no need to buy it separately. The only trouble it's ever given me is that sometimes the speaker seems seated, but it's not, and if it's not fully seated, it won't charge.

MFE

Established Member
Also, regarding the wall mounts, mount them very carefully and securely, because the Move is so heavy it seems like it's carved out of solid lead. I don't know how much of that weight is battery and how much is speaker magnet, but it's a heavy little f'er.

Users who are viewing this thread