Outdoor weddings

hwystr

Established Member
Well I just got back from Indy, where my old college roomate got married at his parents house. Long story short, freak of nature windstorm comes out of nowhere (seemed like a nice 10mph breeze), then BAM 4 trees come down within seconds. One tree flattens the reception tent squashing a few of us, only 2 seriously hurt enough to go to hospital. I got smacked by the tent supports in the face, a few more inches either way and I would have been squashed like a bug. After I got my nose to stop bleeding I go to check on the cobra ~100yds away. Yep, it was buried under another tree limb.:cuss: Didn't look too bad at the time - found all the scratches/dents the next day.

Luckily :??: I parked next to suburban that absorbed the majority of the tree branch - clearly he'll just get a check - flattened down to the doors. :eek:

Just got back from the insurance guy, seemed nice enough, taking it to the dealer to have it repaired. Looks like repainting the hood/fenders/roof, new roof trim and new trunk lid & spoiler. Hopefully nothing structural.

So if you get invited to an outdoor wedding/reception - :nono: take the beater - I even wasted $6 to have it washed after my 5hr drive to Indy! On the up side, my car got on TV! for the Indy people - that 2sec flash of blue was my Cobra buried under the tree branches on your Sat 11pm Ch6 News. I'll stop the whining now...:whine: At least both I walked away and the car drove away :burnout:

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
I'm glad you weren't seriously injured, but I just shed a few tears for your car :( I'm still in the new car phase, can't even imagine having a tree fall on my car! Unfortunately, i'm resigned to the fact that this car will get a little beat up because it IS my beater, and my Sunday driver.

~Berj

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
I'm glad nobody died, cars can be replaced but people can't.

I hope that's not a early warning about the outcome of the marraige.:p

Video

Established Member
:eek: .....talk about a reality check...and i get upset when its a little dirty!...:??: ...glad everyone is ok...your cobra will get fixed...and you'll have one hell of a story......

Users who are viewing this thread