P1SC-1 vs D1SC

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
I was thinking about converting my P1SC into a D1SC by sending it in to get converted, but I recently found a P1SC-1 head unit for sale and might pull the trigger based on the price. From my knowledge, the only differences between the D1SC and the P1SC-1 are that the D1SC has a bigger exducer diameter, and it is capable of 200 cfm more than the P1SC-1. Is it worth spending the extra money on a conversion? Or should I buy this P1SC-1 that is in great shape for around $700? Lemme know what you guys think

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
depending on the rest of the build I would think a P1 would get you into the low-mid 500s on a 4valve car. Pushing up toward 600 you're better off with a D1. On a 2 valve car I have no idea

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
well is there much improvement that you know of between the P1SC and the P1SC-1? cause I'm making 471whp with a P1SC, built motor, boost cams, and a fuel system to support as well. I worry that with my cams in the car, I'm going to over spin the impeller

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im not sure what the P1SC-1 vs P1SC difference is. The X series blowers trade power under the curve for more peak power.

The cams dont have anything to do with blower speed - it's driven by the crank. I believe both P1 and D1 SC units have a 62k rpm redline. There are calculators online where you can enter blower pulley size, crank pulley size and max engine rpm to find out your impeller speed.

If you want room to grow the D1 gives you that, if you make mid 500s+ I think youd be in a nice spot for it efficiency wise as well.

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
Im not sure what the P1SC-1 vs P1SC difference is. The X series blowers trade power under the curve for more peak power.

The cams dont have anything to do with blower speed - it's driven by the crank. I believe both P1 and D1 SC units have a 62k rpm redline. There are calculators online where you can enter blower pulley size, crank pulley size and max engine rpm to find out your impeller speed.

If you want room to grow the D1 gives you that, if you make mid 500s+ I think youd be in a nice spot for it efficiency wise as well.
Thanks for your input, I think ill go for the rebuild to convert to a D1SC

blownstang4.6

Established Member
well is there much improvement that you know of between the P1SC and the P1SC-1? cause I'm making 471whp with a P1SC, built motor, boost cams, and a fuel system to support as well. I worry that with my cams in the car, I'm going to over spin the impeller

Assuming you have a 2v based on the power you're making. The P1 is done at 12-13psi. At your power level your right about maxed out. Any P1 is not worth it on a built motor. Get the D1 if you want 600hp.

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
Assuming you have a 2v based on the power you're making. The P1 is done at 12-13psi. At your power level your right about maxed out. Any P1 is not worth it on a built motor. Get the D1 if you want 600hp.
thats what I'm leaning towards

Users who are viewing this thread