Pacesetter headers are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

46stang

Established Member
They fit wide so I don't see why the trans removal will be a problem.

So i finally dynoed my car with these headers. I also had my old Steggy stage 1 port updated by POSI and put on a JLT high boost intake and yea I didn't gain much of anything. The dyno looks exactly like the previous outing except above 6000 rpm I gained like 15-20 rwhp and TQ. Peak Hp was at 5800rpm I believe. I'm not sure if that is the headers or more likely the POSI update port. I still love the sound of the exhaust now, but on an Eaton if you are looking for big hp I don't think it will be there. I feel the Eaton is what's holding back my combo and maybe one day I'll get the chance to rectify that with a whipple. For now though I am happy with the car and for the price of the headers I am happy for the sake of lower boost pressure and exhaust tone. Anyways sorry I couldn't bring better news, it could just be my car sucks? It's always dynoed lower than most I see on the net but does okay at the track so?

Leon

P.S. I have not had a chance to get to the track to see if i have any improvements over before and to be honest I'm not sure I will. The car hasn't been to the track in over 5 years and is more of my weekend fun car these days.
update,
Okay, here i added the comparison dyno sheet.. The one in blue was back in jan of this year, mods are the same except- in blue- i had a catted bassani x pipe, FIPK K@N kit, Steggy stage 1 port. outside temp was good at mid 60's i believe.
In the red, I now have Posi port also posi ported Accufab Elbow, JLT high boost intake, Pacesetter longtubes and off road x pipe. Temps on this day was low 80's. So im sure that has some affect.
I don't know the boost as I haven't checked it, but it's a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower in both pulls.

03cobradynoheadersvsbassanix.jpg

Last edited:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Before and after dyno sheets would be good.

Also, before and after logs of the boost curve would be good to see too.

If you are making 1-2 lbs less boost, and the same or more power, that is a huge gain.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
How is the ground clearance? Do they fit up tight the underside of the car?

Pics of the ground clearance would be nice.

shurur

Established Member
Best clearance of any header on the market, Todd.

I wish someone would do a LT "ground clearance" sticky comparing each brand of LTs...measuring how far below the rocker panel the headers sit....there's such a damn lack of real numbers out there.

Someday" I'm just going to get ML headers bcause I don't have the $$$ to keep buying LTs until I get a fit.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Here are some pics, for those who it may help. Again, I cannot stress enough how well these pieces fit. I saw where someone had a clearance issue, and the had to grind/cut on the car...well I snapped a pic of the clearance I have in that area. I am running the factory/stock K-Member. My experiences with several aftermarket K-Members, UPR included, is they shift the engine in all sorts of directions, depending on the mood of the welder that day; I assume. Anyways:

IMAG0869.jpg

IMAG0870.jpg

IMAG0871.jpg

IMAG0872.jpg

IMAG0874.jpg

And no, the clamps have not been an issue (ground clearance) If they happen to give me any issues, I will just rotate them.

shurur

Established Member
Me too..

but more importantly....who is that girl in the pics???...
just joking.

looks like the collector is no lower than the cats...can't expect more from LTs....

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
These look great i think i might get these i was really leaning toward the MAC's with lethal performance where can i get a set of these including the xpipe

SVTDice

Established Member
So let me ask everybody, I have a set of the pacesetters on my 03 Cobra and I don't think they are ceramic coated. Let me ask everybody do you think the ceramic coating is worth it? I'm going to be dropping my K-Member and I was thinking of having my set coated. I really want to keep the heat out of the Engine Bay.

Anyways, I like the sound of my Pacesetter's but truth be told I have no idea what size they are. I'd have to ask the previous owner. Anyways, I'd just like to hear everybodys over all reviews for these and such. After owning them for awhile. Thanks guys! Good thread!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
So let me ask everybody, I have a set of the pacesetters on my 03 Cobra and I don't think they are ceramic coated. Let me ask everybody do you think the ceramic coating is worth it? I'm going to be dropping my K-Member and I was thinking of having my set coated. I really want to keep the heat out of the Engine Bay.

Anyways, I like the sound of my Pacesetter's but truth be told I have no idea what size they are.

All Pacesetters are the same size, 1 5/8" primarys.

If they are ceramic coated they'll be silver.

The amount of heat kept out of the engine bay by ceramic coating is little to none.

JAYSVT06

Established Member
Just got my pacesetters installed today! I must say the passenger side is an absolute pain!!
i had to leave a stud on top of the first cylinder on that side, the rest i put in stage 8 locking header bolts. I used a crows foot tool to tighten the bolts that were hard to get on that side, also the starter came off and the motor mount as well to make it easier, i had to drop the engine sum to even be able to get a wrench to that 1 stud i had, so i used the harbor frieght tool, i also had to lower the swaybar sum to get it low enough, there wasnt enough clearance for my small hand to get in there other wise, but thats how i did it.
driver side the was straight forward, all bolts were ez and fine, no problems. Guiding the dipstick tube back in was lil difficult, maybe if u leave the header a little bit loose and then guide the dipstick tube it, may make the install easier, i also installed newmotor mounts and its lil hard to get bolt started behind the header on the 1 side,, but it can be done. Other than that they look great! and i used factory gaskets new oem and stage 8 locking header bolts and i got all the clips and snap rings in with no problems.

IMG_7126_zps5e0d5922.jpg

IMG_6505_zpsbe6db645.jpg

IMG_6462_zpse9c8abf6.jpg

PASSENGER SIDE, without engine lowered, no room to get top bolts at all! frame rail is in the way, maybe with studs on it would be easier.

IMG_3389_zpsd0c7cbad.jpg

this is the tool i used for the ones couldnt get a wrench on, works perfect. stage 8 bolts are 11mm

Last edited:

JAYSVT06

Established Member
IMG_0775_zpse53aefae.jpg

with the engine lowered and sway bar down sum i was able to get a 13 ratchet wrench in there to the 1 stud i left.
The engine was hitting the starter wire on sway bar so i loosened it up sum

IMG_4297_zpse00e5a00.jpg

IMG_3663_zps7b574f97.jpg

finished result! steering shaft clears it completely, these are nice headers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread