Pad cleaning sys

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I use Chemical Guys pad cleaner. I put a capful in a bowl of hot water and let the pad sit it for a little while. Very easy and works great!

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I get that. If you detail all the time then it might be worth it but if you only do your own car here and there I do not think it is worth it. You can buy a lot of new pads and pad cleaner for the price of the pad cleaner system.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
dI have one. Not that exact one though. Got mine a few years ago. I barely use it bro. I usually just spray mine down with pad cleaner/apc and then soak them in a 5 gallon bucket with some DP pad rejuvinator powder. Agitate them, let them sit a day to two, agitate a little more, then rise out and dry.

These systems can be a little 'messy'. I will have water shoot out of it at times, but it's not a huge deal. Just make sure the polisher you are using is plugged into a GFI outlet!

Now, what you mentioned before, the pad cleaner is much faster...you are done cleaning your pads, depending how many, in like 15 minutes or so. Just need to let them dry...

(now that I post this, I will have to break out the pad cleaner again! LOL)

oldmodman

Established Member
I use a similar pad cleaner too. I find that is a very convenient and fast way to clean the pad. Plus I can clean them during use and that way I never run out.

Just be sure to clean out the bucket After a weekend of cleaning. You would be amazed at how much goo and crud you are cleaning out of those pads after you have finished cleaning a car.

Users who are viewing this thread