Paddle Shifter Extensions

thehunterooo

Established Member
These things are nice! I am going to have to get two way tape though.

IMG_6114.JPG
IMG_6115.JPG

mystickb1996

Established Member
How good do the paddles work on the 15s? Can tuning be done to make them respond quicker? Btw those look pretty neat and go with the brushed look

thehunterooo

Established Member
I love the paddles, though this is the only car I have owned or driven that has had them. I have the car in sport and use the paddles 99.9% of the time. Though for drag racing, the paddles are bad, it is best to leave it in sport and let the car shift which does a damn good job. The 1-2 shift with the exhaust I have is an ear orgasm to be had :-D

I did have the button on the 14. Funny enough I had to bring the 14 in for warranty repairs as the button stopped downshifting, only had a few thousand miles on the car.....

There is a bit of a delay when using them, but once you use them for a while you can get a feel for when you should shift, etc. I do not notice the delay anymore. The paddles themselves feel a bit cheap, no reports on them breaking except for a V6 review I seen where the upshift paddle broke in two.

Tunes have been said to help with the shifting, though I can not comment on this as I am stock.

I am loving the extensions though, it will not take them off. One issue was that the paddles are on the wheel and when you are coming out of a turn it is hard to find them sometimes, the bigger paddles help with that. The metal also feels pretty good too. I think these came in four colors but the silver works well like you said especially with all the silver accents in the car. Now I just need that GT 350 wheel......

Husker

Established Member

How are they now that you've had some time with em?

What kind & thickness of double sided tape did ya go with, do they feel solidly attached like factory paddles or are they soft to the feel?... Did you use tape on all of the concave area?...I'm thinking about attaching mine, when they come, with zip-ties & tape??

CJ's has them for $99.00, they look just like yours.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Love them, could never go back to just the plastic paddles now haha

I do not remember the brand of tape but try to go as thin as possible, I had some thicker tape and they were on there pretty well but not 100% perfect. I put in three pieces, all three horizontal, one longer piece for the bottom and then two going up, they do hold on good and feel solid but they can be taken off with enough force. I had to take them off when I got my 350 wheel though since the extensions will block the holes needed to take the wheel off. Once you get them mounted via the tape they will not come off easily though unless you forcibly grab the tip top portion of the paddle.

Husker

Established Member
Love them, could never go back to just the plastic paddles now haha

I do not remember the brand of tape but try to go as thin as possible, I had some thicker tape and they were on there pretty well but not 100% perfect. I put in three pieces, all three horizontal, one longer piece for the bottom and then two going up, they do hold on good and feel solid but they can be taken off with enough force. I had to take them off when I got my 350 wheel though since the extensions will block the holes needed to take the wheel off. Once you get them mounted via the tape they will not come off easily though unless you forcibly grab the tip top portion of the paddle.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look for thin D-S-T.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look for thin D-S-T.

No problem let me know how it goes! I used some pretty thick tape so I am probably going to redo mine later on with some thinner stuff, but the thick stuff will work as well if you take your time with it, was waiting to redo mine before a possible 350R wheel but I might just stick with the regular 350 wheel for a few years :lol1:

thehunterooo

Established Member
Bump and update. Still trying to find some good double sided tape, I have tried a few so far but the tape is either too thin or does not stick to the plastic paddle (though it sticks to the metal just fine).

Also as husker mentioned they have the same ones on CJPP along with carbon fiber, I think they were on sale recently. Might try the carbon fiber paddles out for the fun of it.

Husker

Established Member
Bump and update. Still trying to find some good double sided tape, I have tried a few so far but the tape is either too thin or does not stick to the plastic paddle (though it sticks to the metal just fine).

Also as husker mentioned they have the same ones on CJPP along with carbon fiber, I think they were on sale recently. Might try the carbon fiber paddles out for the fun of it.

I purchased this tape at an auto body supply store, so far it's holding tight...Make sure ya clean both surfaces good with alcohol.

IMG_3877.JPG

thehunterooo

Established Member
Oh nice that would do the trick. I have just been buying stuff off the shelves at the box stores haha

I don't plan on taking off my steering wheel again so once the paddles go on they are not coming off again, unless there is a cobra logo airbag.

Users who are viewing this thread