Paid to have clutch line re-routed because it was "boiling the clutch fluid" now...

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Alright. So I had a Mcleod RXT and braided SS line from VMP Racing put in about 7-8k miles ago. Well, apparently my Ford dealership at that time left the SS line on the headers, so my NEW dealership said when they checked it out it was eating through the line due to the heat, which they noticed when doing a brake fluid\clutch fluid flush.

The next day I noticed it was leaking around the reservoir, and I was told the clutch line was still boiling the fluid. So I got a new one, paid them 230 or so dollars to install and route it away from the headers\manifold, still over-flowing.

It never did this before I got the clutch\brake fluid flush, and a brand new line was installed. Today I talked, but only for a few seconds to one of the advisers, and he was saying we don't generally deal with aftermarket things like that.

How in the heck is a braided clutch line going to BOIL the clutch fluid? Isn't that the most basic upgrade on the GT-500? Even Ford Racing makes a braided one. I'm just confused and feeling as if I'm paying for nothing, when I took it in, it was not leaking at all, open the hood on sat, and it had peeled off paint due to over-flowing in the bay. Now they installed a brand new one and I paid to have it rerouted, and it is still leaking?

What would you all do?

Imatk

Established Member
It may just be that your reservoir is overfilled.

If it's filled to the "Full" line or whatever it's too much fluid.

These cars have a long history of leaking at the reservoir (GT500, GT).

I would suspect if you removed some fluid you'd be fine.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
It may just be that your reservoir is overfilled.

If it's filled to the "Full" line or whatever it's too much fluid.

These cars have a long history of leaking at the reservoir (GT500, GT).

I would suspect if you removed some fluid you'd be fine.

Ah-hah! And that is where it is. I'll prob just cancel my appointment and siphon it out 2-3 ounces with a turkey baster. If it happens again, then obv something is wrong, even cold though it is literally filled to the cap. Was both times this happened. Better to keep at at minimum?

Assuming this works, Thanks Imatk! :rockon: would explain it as this never happened until I went to the new dealership and got a complete flush\refill

Last edited:

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
If they over filled it and damaged your paint, I'd be making them pay to get that fixed. Don't want rust getting into the unpainted areas...

Imatk

Established Member
Ah-hah! And that is where it is. I'll prob just cancel my appointment and siphon it out 2-3 ounces with a turkey baster. If it happens again, then obv something is wrong, even cold though it is literally filled to the cap. Was both times this happened. Better to keep at at minimum?

Assuming this works, Thanks Imatk! :rockon: would explain it as this never happened until I went to the new dealership and got a complete flush\refill

Yeah if it's filled to the cap it's WAY too full.

Even at the "Max" line or whatever it's too full.

Slightly below that line you should be good.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Yeah if it's filled to the cap it's WAY too full.

Even at the "Max" line or whatever it's too full.

Slightly below that line you should be good.

Yeah I got it slightly below the MAX line, had to get those tiny droppers from Hobby Lobby and it took about 25 dips to lower it to there. It was so full that on a level surface when I took the cap off it was literally at the top ready to spill over.

Thanks Imatk for the help, saved me a 30 mile drive. And prob 3 hours of them trying to figure out what is going on, haha. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Imatk

Established Member
Yeah I got it slightly below the MAX line, had to get those tiny droppers from Hobby Lobby and it took about 25 dips to lower it to there. It was so full that on a level surface when I took the cap off it was literally at the top ready to spill over.

Thanks Imatk for the help, saved me a 30 mile drive. And prob 3 hours of them trying to figure out what is going on, haha. :thumbsup:

For sure man :)

Users who are viewing this thread