Painless dent repair

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Got a fairly deep dent in the door from either a car door or shopping cart when parked at the food store. Best estimate was $500-$700 by conventional methods. But the body shop suggested I use the fellow who does paintless dent repair for the dealership. He came out to the house and, slipping his tool down from the window, totally removed the dent. Used a buffing wheel, and no sign of the dent - not even a ripple. Cost: $50.

Something to consider.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
wow thats pretty cool. i've never actually watched any use that method before. sounds neat

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
That's the best method and it works very well. I had a guy come to my house and do all 3 of the cars here. Did a really good job getting a small crease out of the fender of my daily that was hit by some jackasses brush guard. I think he took all the dents out of all 3 cars for something like $150-$175.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
One hint I got from the fellows at the body shop: use professionals that service the dealerships, beware of the many fly-by-nights and amateurs that offer cheap work.

bianner

Established Member
pdr is awesome! a guy at the shop i work at did my car and it looks amazing. i'm not too sure about dealership pdr guys their work is not as high quality as one that works at a bodyshop. the pdr guy at our shop has had to fix a few pdr jobs by dealerships.

Users who are viewing this thread