Paint Correction / Auto Detail WV OH KY

98chromesvt

Established Member
looking for a shop to remove some swirls on my 14 gt. I just can't seem to find anything in my area. WV OH KY area.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I would start by doing everything by hand. If you're not careful u may cause more swirls in the paint with the porter cable

What wax/products have you tried?

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Start out by hand with a standard circular wax pad with some mothers California gold. Don't wax in circles, wax up/down or side to side. Do small portions of the paint at a time and take your time. Don't use anything really abrasive at this point because that may have been what started the swirls in the first place...

98chromesvt

Established Member
I would start by doing everything by hand. If you're not careful u may cause more swirls in the paint with the porter cable

What wax/products have you tried?

I pretty anal about keeping the car clean. I have just somehow gotten some light swirl marks. I never hand wash the car, just spray it off. I blow dry and wiped with detailer. I usually wax afterward with meguiars nxt.

I think it could be the cheap Wal-Mart microfibers. I have recently purchased a set from autogeek.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Start hand washing the car with a high quality microfiber mit. Something super soft. By just spraying the car off and blow drying it you're not really removing a lot of the pollen/dirt/dust or even road salt from the paint. You're just rinsing it. Then you're taking a microfiber cloth and rubbing fine dirt particles in. And waxing them into the paint as well. Creating small scratches.

Give it a good bath and wipe all that crap off. Then go ahead and wax it. Again, NO circular motions. Take your time too! Swirls and oxidation are a pain! So it may take two tries.

Good luck!

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
buy some HD speed and some good pads like buff and shine for lake county pad autoalitiy will have everything you need https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/home.asp
HD Speed is an all-in-one polish that polishes and protects the painted surface in one easy and simple step. It will remove light to moderate surface defects while restoring color, depth and gloss while adding a long lasting wax to the surface. Its exceptional open time allows the use to polish longer while using less product. HD Speed works best in shaded areas but is sun friendly when used correctly.

also works well with your PC. love my PC.

Next time i would start hand washing it with the two bucket wash method use a good quality car wash soap like CG citrus wash + gloss, HD wash.

i like using ONR when wiping off the dust in between washes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread